Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

it's just dave

Academy Awards

I heard the word Nashville about 12 times on Sunday's award show. The word Memphis came out at least twice. Seems Tennessee got some good representation last night in various genres.

Hometown girl Reese got her Best Actress statue, and Harpeth Hall goes crazy.

Dolly did a great job with her song, and Music Row smiled.

And "Mafia" got their Best Song Oscar...and I really don't want to know too much about THAT party. lol. Congrats to all.

Only three nominations for Best Song, and our Tennessee folks performed two of them. West and Middle...way to go.

Pretty cool.

satalac    492

three 6 mafia gave a much needed shot in the arm to the academy awards. as liberal as hollywood claims to be, it always seems to be the same boring old white people winning awards. congrats three 6!!!!

Hold on there, I'm a boring old white person, I resemble that remark. lol.

I loved the unabashed surprise and sponteneity to their win. Their reactions were very genuine and lots of fun. And I've had the "pimp" song in my brain ALL DAY. That was fun, too.

satalac    492

haha, you're not boring dave! (notice how i left out the old white person part :P ) i know that you'd be a hit at their afterparty. i mean come on, you are both really interested in how to make plants grow. :D

sleepy    1

I mentioned it elsewhere, but the Univ. of Memphis pep band always plays "Whoop that Trick" from "Hustle and Flow" at U of M basketball games to get the defense in the right mood. It shook up those white boys from Gonzaga. :lol: