Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sundodger

Blazers trouble

This is very sad. I hope they can turn it around before the city looses the team to another city. I know that Allen doesn't want to leave, but he might be headed to Vegas, KC, or Norfolk.

Whats going on up there!!! isnt Seattle also in danger of losing their team to another city?

Both teams shouldn't be in danger. They are two of the more successful NBA franchises around. Portland's problem is bad ownership. Seattle's problem is their arena lease is up in 2010 and they currently have one of the worst arena agreements in the NBA.

Why would it be such a bad thing if the team left?

It would be awful. It would be bad for the fans, the city, and the city's image. Nothing positive will come from the team leaving.

I know that Allen doesn't want to leave, but he might be headed to Vegas, KC, or Norfolk.

Allen won't move, he will sell.

^

They were once in the top 5 in the NBA in value. They just need a culture change. Scott Thomason may be able to scrape together a group. The best option would be Phil Knight, but he already owns the University of Oregon :P

I agree that Allen will not move andwill instead sell.

There is a group putting funds together to make a bid. One person, a former player, has raised around a hundred million dollars already. Granted they need more but sports franchises always get bought. The same thing happened recenty in Phoenix with the Suns.

was it the jailblazers that killed the image of this team? for a longtime i thought that they consistantly sold out game after game.

hopefully, the recent draft will inject some new life into the team.

was it the jailblazers that killed the image of this team?

No, it was the arena deal. The Rose Garden Group and Blazers have since worked out some differences and will be sold as a package deal.

Whats going on up there!!! isnt Seattle also in danger of losing their team to another city?

this could be the case, howard schultz sold his majority ownership stake to a group in oklahoma city.

i stumbled on this blog which speculates that paul allen could move the trailblazers north if the sonics move to okc -- crazy! Maybe then the new owner could build a better stadium for the sonics/trailblazers who ever it may be.

I always thought that rather then Seattle losing teams that they would soon add the nhl with their close proximity to vancouver would make an excellent rivalry.

http://www.oregonlive.com/weblogs/playbook...es/2006_07.html