NASCAR Plaza at the Hall of Fame

redjeep77

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For a 19 story building, it's going to look a lot taller than it really is driving up South/Caldwell... Rode that way tonight and it already has a nice presence.
Agreed, being a couple blocks away from another building of the same height will definitely catch peoples eyes. Can't wait to see it finished, especially the water feature that will be at the corner of Stonewall and Caldwell that shows up in some of the renderings. :thumbsup:

The thread to discuss the cap project is here:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=38067

For general knowledge, the location of the cap mentioned above is incorrect. The cap location being discussed is between Church and College. They have opted to pursue that as a development cap, and have some traction with Ghazi, who is interested in figuring out the feasibility of such an option. However, that analysis will take years and the end result of a cap will certainly not be happen until after the current downturn.

This tower is already has quite brilliant presence. Two days ago I saw it from the corner of Morehead and Dilworth Rd, and it was massive, then

Last night I had dinner at mama ricottas, and you could already see it poking up with 9 more floors to go. Then this morning I could barely get a glimpse of it from Wendover from the railroad bridge beside the Re-Store. Its finally making its presence known. It will really help fill in the gap between Wachovia 3 and the Westin, but so will the New Wachovia Towers.

^ OK, been trying to "map it out", but not getting anywhere - what is the story on the mound in the foreground of that shot?
I believe the mound is a result of the deep utilities work that is being done as a part of the I-277 interchange reconfiguration. Looks like this picture was taken from Caldwell coming into town right after Brevard and Caldwell come together.

I assume this mound will disappear as the contractor working on the roadway project fills in the hole dug for the utilities work.

Wow. That's taller than I thought it would be. This is going to be pretty visible from that side of town!

Yes, given the elevation of its location it already looks pretty big coming up South Blvd... So it will be quite visible from anywhere around town like others have said.

• 4 weeks later...

The construction elevator was being put up today on the exterior of the building facing Caldwell.

Also, for those who haven't been by in a while, you can start to see how South Boulevard will look south of Stonewall, as the ramp from Brevard to South has been closed.

Yeah- that section of road is a mess right now. I missed getting onto S. Blvd going down Brevard b/c that is all changed.

Archived