NASCAR Plaza at the Hall of Fame

redjeep77

They must have pulled whomever designed the brilliant exit from 277 to 4th(&3rd if you work real hard), out of retirement to make sure outbound is only achievable with maximum effort. No exits for "nobody" outbound.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Agreed. This intersection will be a mess for a while. Once things are all finished, it will be much better than what was there prior to the project IMO. Since the arena has already interrupted the flow of Brevard Street traffic, I think the two way connection from center city to South Boulevard will be better than what has been there for the last few years.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tower from West View:

05-26-08081.jpg

The Southside flare, and yes it really does flare out as much as the picture shows, hard to see that on the webcams:

05-26-08091.jpg

Northside Overhangs:

05-26-08092.jpg

The reason I wanted to post those detailed shots is because I think this tower is going to represent some quality, symbollic architecture for this city. It's hard to tell from schematics and webcams, but the style is very sleek.

• 4 weeks later...

Steel is rising for the HOF, I didn't get a pic, maybe tomorrow.

Nascar tower from Euclid.

7-1-08

99563273.jpg

Don't jump the gun yet, the steel that is rising is actually for the 44,000 sq ft. ballroom expanision, the streel for the Hall of fame (the front side of the parcel) will begin between August and September, with them starting the steel "ribbon" between november and december.

I'm sure andy is posting this now as I speak as well, but it seems they are erecting yet another crane for the nascar hall of fame site, looks like this one might be white.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure andy is posting this now as I speak as well, but it seems they are erecting yet another crane for the nascar hall of fame site, looks like this one might be white.

New crane, this is covering the second half of the property for the Hall of Fame portion of this project north of the site:

07-17-08028.jpg

The hall of fame is up a few floors now:

07-17-08024.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived