NASCAR Plaza at the Hall of Fame

redjeep77

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except that IJL is 670,000 sq. ft.......I'm not sure Doug make the comparison at all.....the contract language regadring the NASCAR tower was pretty specific in regards to its size (sq. ft.)....now considering it is a slightly smaller foot print than IJL, I could see the height being in the 20 story range.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the rendering as it was a last minute addition for illustrative purposes only.....though I admit I would be more than happy with it if it looked exactly like the rendering.

The NASCAR tower might be skinnier than IJL, so what it lacks in width, it makes up for in height. I'm just going by the rendering, but it did look skinnier than most office towers. Is that feasible, or do office towers require a certain "width"?

Typically a building is square or close to it because it is cheaper to build interior space, rather than window space because of the expense of the facade.....so ideally a building would have the greatest volume as opposed to surface area as possible.

Of course the opposite of this is that buildings with a high percent "views" can command slightly higher rents, so it's all about finding a balance.

The third consideration is the elevators. Since one bank of elevators will only serve 15-16 floors, buildings taller than that need two banks of elevators which eats up a good chuck of rentable floor space, so typically the taller buildings are wider to accomodate the addional elevator banks.

Apparantly the lobby is going to have an abstract art piece made entirely out of discarded chicken bones.

I think the fact that Pei will be doing the tower is reinforced by the fact they have the most current rendering showing the tower on the PFC website and it attributed to Szeto.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They have said publicly that this is not an HQ tower, but some functions that might take place at their HQ now would go to this location. I think it is primarily their logo and trademark/copyright type operations.

Mo, I think another rendering had it the same on the other side. But I'm sure all is subject to change, and cancellation.

Well now they have decided...and the City Council just voted unanimously in favor of the NASCAR Office Tower on the back side of the Hall of Fame site. This will really enhance this project and in my opinion make it more pedestrian friendly.

06-0303-PCF-Back.jpg

Will the office tower be completed in 2010, along with the HOF?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived