NASCAR Plaza at the Hall of Fame

redjeep77

day by day we are getting closer to having more cranes than buildings themselves.

That is true. Let's see here:

Garrison : 1

Novare : 2

Wachovia : 4

210 Trade / Epicenter : 3

Ritz : 2

101 West Tremont's is going up too Now, see SouthEnd Projects Post : 1

NASCAR : 1

What else am I missing? Of course these are just the big boy cranes...

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know if anyone noticed or if it was already said, but it seems the NASCAR HOF website was updated and has 3 construction cams.

http://www.belongshere.com/

There's one construction cam here by CharMeck as most of us know, but it's not the greatest.

I don't remember seeing the fly-through video up either, but that may had been there.

Nonetheless- it's cool to be able to now see construction but from 3 or 4 different views.

Also to note- if you are on the main page where the 3 views of construction cams are, you can click more options under View 1, View 2, and View 3. It brings you to a digital job site website, and it will allow you to set up the webcam similar to that of Epicenters/210 Trades. It's great- time lapse, zoom, the whole deal!

EDIT: Try this link to the full screen construction cam:

http://www.myjobcam.com/viewer.swf?u=crva&p=password

Just watched the fly-thru video at the webstie. Didn't realize just how great this project is going to be. Noticed that there is a bunch of outdoor dining. There's a clump of tables/umbrellas (ellas-ellas-eh-eh-eh) at the main entrance. There's some more along one side of the building (looks like the side facing the convention center). And there appears to be several picnic tables in amongst some trees (not sure of location). Really like all the window displays as they create visual interest at street-level. The fountains look great--especially the cluster of mini-geysers coming up out of the concrete at the main entrance. No doubt many kids will give into the temptation to run through them, despite their parents pleas to stay out :) . The LED racing-lights look cool, and I like the jumbo-tron that will apparently run race-clips late into the evening. Hard to tell how much space there is for non-NASCAR-retail, although I do remember reading somewhere that they were designing a stretch of space in the parking garage to allow it to go in at future dates, when there was a demand for it.

Just 2+ years to go......... :mellow:

I tried to get some pics today of the site, I must say those 3 cranes standing up over the site are getting me excited and the view is similar to the dense crazy views that we have had the pleasure of viewing with the 210 Trade/ Ritz Corner, the Wachovia and Catalyst side. Here is a picture to show the 3 cranes up. Did I mention the 3rd crane was completed?

10-18-07010.jpg

• 1 month later...

They have started putting up more steel on Nascar plaza, which will bring it up to 5 stories in height in no time at all. Why does the topic still say 16 stories wasn't this increased by a couple floors.

NASCAR Plaza Office Tower: A 390,000 square foot, 19 story Class A office building being developed by Lauth Properties and NASCAR. NASCAR and NASCAR Images will be primary tenants and include full scale studios to be operated by NASCAR Images.

It doesn't look like the curved facade is part of the steel structure they've built so far. Will this somehow be added later?

You can observe the curved part on the other side. It could be that they will add the curved part to the side facing the pictures above when the structure gets higher up, remember that the bottom couple floors are going to be connected to the nascar hall of fame/convention center expansion, both of which will also be steel. Another Possibility is that part of the building will be on top of the parking deck, and they are waiting for that to get above ground to add the curved section.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Came across an excellent article about the construction process for the NASCAR office tower. The steel frame should now rise about one floor per week and they will begin pouring floors once the building is about a third of the way up. The article also has this building listed at 20-stories and states that they will be seeking silver LEED certification.

I noticed that in the article, it said LEED-silver certification, but in the summary at the end, it said LEED-green. Which one is it? Was it a typo or are they currently at the green level and are hoping to upgrade to the silver level?

Also, I thought the city council decided against going for LEED certification or was that just for the HOF itself since the NASCAR offices are owned by NASCAR itself with a ground lease with the city. Sucks that the whole project can't be LEED certified.

I wish that the entire project could open together but it will nice to have all of those new officer workers on the south end of downtown which will hopefully bring more street activity and street level retail to support them.

I noticed that in the article, it said LEED-silver certification, but in the summary at the end, it said LEED-green. Which one is it? Was it a typo or are they currently at the green level and are hoping to upgrade to the silver level?

Also, I thought the city council decided against going for LEED certification or was that just for the HOF itself since the NASCAR offices are owned by NASCAR itself with a ground lease with the city. Sucks that the whole project can't be LEED certified.

I wish that the entire project could open together but it will nice to have all of those new officer workers on the south end of downtown which will hopefully bring more street activity and street level retail to support them.

There is no LEED-Green level. It progresses from "LEED-Certified" to -Silver, -Gold and finally -Platinum.

I would also point out that just because part of the project isn't getting certified does not necessarily mean they aren't persuing various environmental strategies. It just means they aren't getting it certified.

Archived