NASCAR Plaza at the Hall of Fame

redjeep77

NASCARWeb.jpg

not sure if this has been posted yet, but yea, good renderin of the 'carhall'

That's a pretty sweet image. Also, quick question on the construction on the surrounding area of that site. Is all the "land movement" going on there just for rerouting the roads? Or is there something I'm missing?

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a pretty sweet image. Also, quick question on the construction on the surrounding area of that site. Is all the "land movement" going on there just for rerouting the roads? Or is there something I'm missing?

They're nixing the cloverleaf loops on the uptown side of 277. The project will open up a pretty good size chunk of land there to the south of NASCAR HoF

I heard a nasty rumor that LEED-Platinum is free (in terms of certification fees, the developers still foot the bill for the systems and designs necessary to reach LEED-Platinum) if you reach it. :huh:

well, if they truly want to reach their overall goals of america going green, that's really the best method.

01/12/08

P1120288.jpg

P1120285.jpg

Somebody needs to get a shot from the grass in front of covenant presby looking towards downtown. You can already clearly see Nascar Tower from there, its hard to believe how much of a difference this tower will make.

I was driving up South Blvd/Caldwell this morning to head over to Target and Home Depot. Coming up that way I think this tower, even if it's only 20 stories tall, is going to have a real nice presence on the skyline and that area of uptown. The elevation definitely gives it some added visibility.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

U4ick, can you start posting the pictures themselves and not the links? I think someone mentioned that they had trouble with photobucket but I appear to have been able to repost your picture without difficulty. Thanks.

NHOF_0216b.jpg

I think that the building is about to top out. It is going to be great for Charlotte to have NASCAR here. This is one of the better decisions that the City leaders have made.

NHOF_0216a.jpg

Thanks for clearing up my picture posting debacle.......still learning this UP interface, but I am hoping

that I did it correctly this go around.

I think the NHOF will be a great "entry point" for out-of-town visitors coming in for the first time.....

especially if they are still planning on "capping" off the freeway between NHOF and Westin? Haven't

heard anyone discussing this lately......is this still on the table???

Archived