Maybe im adding fuel to the fire here

snoogit

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would a commercial real estate broker going public have anything to do with one of its' clients plans for a large development?

Getting ready to prepare for an announcement? that once the announcement is made its stock could skyrocket.

Getting ready to prepare for an announcement? that once the announcement is made its stock could skyrocket.

That's kind of like saying Century 21's stock will skyrocket because I'm buying a house.

The commercial broker is only helping to acquire the property, not develop it.

I don't think there's a connection here even when I turn my tinfoil hat up to "super sensitive".

Snoogit:

You need to be careful where you're going with this. We don't need a Martha Stewart - UrbanPlanet version around here.

Thanks

Theres no risk of anythting like that, he's speculating, and if he speculates right he could make a lot of (perfectly legal) money.

It makes sense that a companies stock would rise significantly upon the announcement of them handling a project, that can make for a lot of commission and a lot of profit.

This sounds more coincidential than anything else. But it is very good timing for them.

Talent, you have to consider the size of this house. If you were building a billion-dollar house that would create 10,000 jobs for the area, it would definitely impact Century 21's stock price.

Would you all care to find out and follow me... I'm considering investing, and if it tanks so what, but if it plows out the water like a tuna or marlin then I'm like, "see yalls...I'm out this..."

I'm gonna play the game and invest through one of the many online simulation exchanges.

Would you all care to find out and follow me... I'm considering investing, and if it tanks so what, but if it plows out the water like a tuna or marlin then I'm like, "see yalls...I'm out this..."

I'm gonna play the game and invest through one of the many online simulation exchanges.

Here's some info on this entity:

"Grubb & Ellis Realty Advisors. Inc. is a blank check company formed to acquire, through a purchase, asset acquisition or other business combination, commercial real estate properties and/or assets. The company's efforts have been limited to organizational activities. The company intends to focus its efforts primarily on the industrial and office market sector of the U.S. commercial real estate industry. The company will not limit itself geographically, except that it will not initially seek to effect a business combination with a target acquisition located in the central business district of a major metropolitan area. Rather, the company intends to focus its efforts on secondary and tertiary geographic markets throughout the U.S., as well as the suburban regions of the central business districts of major metropolitan markets. The company believes that the industrial and office sector in these geographic markets offers an opportunity for it to acquire under-performing properties that can be turned around and repositioned, thereby increasing cash flow, profitability and asset value. The company's corporate stockholder, Grubb & Ellis Company, is an established, publicly traded global integrated real estate services firm. Although the company does not have any preferential arrangements to consider business opportunities identified by Grubb & Ellis Company, it expects to leverage the extensive industry expertise, network, nationwide contacts and experience of its corporate stockholder as well as its officers and directors in connection with its efforts to identify prospective target acquisitions. However, it will not enter into a business combination with any of its existing stockholders, officers or directors or any of their affiliates. The company does not have any specific business combination under consideration and has not contacted any prospective target acquisition or had any discussions, formal or otherwise, with respect to such a transaction. Additionally, the company has not, nor has anyone on its behalf, taken any measure, directly or indirectly, to identify or locate any suitable acquisition candidate, nor has it engaged or retained any agent or other representative to identify or locate any such acquisition candidate. While the company may seek to effect business transactions with more than one target acquisition, the business combination must be with a target acquisition (or acquisitions) whose fair market value is at least equal to 80% of its total net assets at the time of such acquisition(s)."

They raised $143,750,004. These units are traded on the AMEX (www.amex.com) under the symbol GAV.U

The brokerage entity is traded on the OTC BB under the symbol GBEL. They are a $500 million/year business. The impact of a single development with property acquisition costs of $40-$60 million is marginal.

G&E is large enough and we assume that the project would even rank nationally.

I don't believe this project would be the main reason to create G&E Realty Advisors and go public.

They have also issued an 8k recently notifying the SEC that they may buy back up to 15% of their shares. Kinda bold move. They must believe they will be worth more eventually. Their national forecast is probably more of a gauge.

Link to their Midwest forecasts... http://www.grubb-ellis.com/research/foreca...6/forecast.html

Archived