Carothers Crossing Breaking Ground Soon

bzorch

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like chocolate covered sprawl to me. "Detached homes on estate sized lots", that is sprawl with a sugar coating. Either way....it's more people.

Understatment of the year here fellas:

"Sprawl, Smithson said, has largely dictated where Nashvillians live based on their social and economic status."

Seems almost like contained sprawl to me. Besides, all but 90 acres will be INSIDE Davidson County...so we'll get the taxes. And the population. That's quite the switch in a better direction. Something like this could easily have gone to Spring Hill, but in reality, this will be only a couple of shakes from Hickory Hollow.

I dunno... it seems like a nice idea anyway... I do like Franklin's downtown area a lot... and it seems to be the basis for a lot of the plan for this place. At least this development has somewhat of a plan lol. That in itself makes it less sprawly... a little anyway.

You should take a drive through Lennox Village before you make any judgements. I like the integration of expensive estate lots and homes with moderately priced homes to affordable homes. All in the same development, without gates and security. In Antioch. Seems like a cool development to me.

For the most part, I like this development. The fact that they are planning to copy much of the feel of downtown Franklin is a good thing. They plan to eventually have 3,000 housing units on 700 acres of land. That's pretty good density compared to the typical suburban development these days. That would amount to at least 9,000 people living on little more than 1 square mile of land. I wish all of the suburban Nashville area had that kind of density.

I guess there is some pros to this type of development. If it were closer to downtown, then I might be a littel preturbed, but being in Antioch....that is a positive developemnt for the area. Interesting nonetheless.

Archived