Photograph Plea

NewTowner

Hello! Here is a Special Request for all you Nashville PhotoMasters...

I am in Savannah, and so I cannot see how the Schermerhorn Symphony Center is turning out. They used to have some construction cams, but no more!

Could I trouble some willing soul to take a few shots of what will soon be Nashville's architectural Crown Jewel (in my hopeful opinion)? It would mean the world to me, that's all.

Sniffles.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Symphony Center is beautiful. I just have one thing that has always bothered me about it, and I wonder if I am the only one... maybe I am. But doesn't the location of the hall kind of suck? It seems so hidden to me. (same goes for all the other buildings there) I think its such a beautiful building, it should be situated in a more prominent, central, location, where you'll always see it when in downtown. I don't know but, I had been in nashville for quite a few days (the first time I went), before I went to the area where the symphony center will sit. I guess with SoBro becoming a neighborhood, it will then be in a very prominant, populated area... I just wish it sat facing the new sounds stadium, or even a little to the left of the stadium (I think thats where the new hotel/motel will go isn't it?) Ideally, I think it should face the river, so that you could see it in the skyline shot of downtown. That would be GORGEOUS. It would be a fitting location that would really showcase the symphony center for all the world to see.

What do you guys think?

Well the Hall does sit on 4th Avenue which is a main road for getting out of the downtown area. The symphony Hall was started before the Sounds stadium was proposed so I dont think that would have been in the minds of the designers at the time. I think they were designing it somewhat around the Shelby St. Pedestrian Bridge and the Country Music Hall of Fame. The way Demonbreun is turning out is that it is truly the Avenue of the Arts. I think they even spoke about that when the site was chosen that Demonbreun was part of bigger plan. The Frist center faces Demonbreun as well as the Hall of Fame. At the time the site was chosen, I dint think anyone had any idea what that end of town was going to be like five years down the road. Besides I cant think of a better place in the downtown area for it now. Remember a lot of the parking is in that end of the downtown area, at least for now. Parking lots will be a thing of the past before long.

well, that would depend on what the stadium looks like. One of the most beautiful parts of chicago is the musuem campus on lake michigan. It's right next to Soldier Field. In fact the museum guests use the field's parking lot. It looks AWESOME!!! I like that mix.

And I still think that such a beautiful structure would be awesome in the skyline shot.

well, that would depend on what the stadium looks like. One of the most beautiful parts of chicago is the musuem campus on lake michigan. It's right next to Soldier Field. In fact the museum guests use the field's parking lot. It looks AWESOME!!! I like that mix.

And I still think that such a beautiful structure would be awesome in the skyline shot.

It is true. Sports Complexes can indeed be both gorgeous and dignified. Consider the obvious examples:

1) Rome's Coliseum

2) N

Just one of the many oddities of living in the most gothic of all other cities in the most gothic region of the USA. That's only one of the quasi-creepy things I love about Nashville.

Regarding the Egyptian influenced architecture, I must admit that I really like the Psych building at Vandy. It was completed at the end of my freshman year, and I got to go wander around it while I was still living at Kissam. It's a very interesting building, even with its odd accoutrements. If somebody on this forum is in the Vandy area anytime soon, go check it out and see if you agree that it's picture worthy.

'Preciated, Lexy!

Now, if only one of the peoples would take a really very recent picture of the Temple Front, with the columns and pediment and stuff...

And then, if that same person then posted that photograph onto UrbanPlanet.org...

And then, if I just click the words...

The WORDS...

To SEE the PICTURE...

Archived