Photograph Plea

NewTowner

I plan to do some pic taking tomorrow. I anxious for the nekkid people above the entrance to be placed. Shouldn't be long, now, prep has underway a while now.

That should make quite a difference (improvement) in the look of the Schermerhorn once there up. Hope these nekkid people don't rile too many up though.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I plan to do some pic taking tomorrow. I anxious for the nekkid people above the entrance to be placed. Shouldn't be long, now, prep has underway a while now.

That should make quite a difference (improvement) in the look of the Schermerhorn once there up. Hope these nekkid people don't rile too many up though.

Ok... theres the naked people over on Music Row/West End, and now the naked people on the Schermerhorn... Whats with Nashville and Nakkid people!?!?!?!?!? :huh:^_^

Well the nekkid people over on Music Row include a few, shall I say...well equipped men. I can only hope the same is true for the Symphony Hall as well. No, I am not gay either. LOL!!! Just sticking up for MAN kind. LOL!!!!!

Is the bronze god at the War Memorial Auditorium exposed? I was never much on Greek mythology. Is that Prometheus (Defiance)? Or is it the god of war, Ares (aka Mars)? Or Apollo (truth and healing)? Heck, I obviously don't know. Is there a Greek Guru in the house? But isn't he nude whoever he is? And while it's been 18 years since I darkened the doorway of the Parthenon, I seem to recall some nudies around that place.

Is the bronze god at the War Memorial Auditorium exposed? I was never much on Greek mythology. Is that Prometheus (Defiance)? Or is it the god of war, Ares (aka Mars)? Or Apollo (truth and healing)? Heck, I obviously don't know. Is there a Greek Guru in the house? But isn't he nude whoever he is? And while it's been 18 years since I darkened the doorway of the Parthenon, I seem to recall some nudies around that place.

I remember in the early '80s when they were taking us schoolkids downtown, and they brought us through the War Memorial (where our buses were parked adjacent to) with "giant nekkid guy." The screams of laughter and finger-pointing were so much that the teachers decided next time we did a downtown field trip, we'd park the buses elsewhere. :rofl:

Based on a Google search, I found out that the sculpture at the War Memorial Building is titled

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really anxious to see the flourishes like the fountains, sculptures and, as the term escapes me, the long sculpture over the front columns (somebody help me here, frieze?...oh well). They seem to be putting up the frame now.

With the landscaping and such, we're in for a treat. This reminds me, I need to get my jazz program seats purchased.

yes Dave. it will definately be a treat! i'm hoping for plenty of benches for the average passer-bye. im hoping every Nashvillian can enjoy it....even the ones who never go inside.

speaking of which.......does anyone know where to get tix? i doubt they let scraggely, drunken college students like me in on opening night, but one-of the first shows would be great!

yes Dave. it will definately be a treat! i'm hoping for plenty of benches for the average passer-bye. im hoping every Nashvillian can enjoy it....even the ones who never go inside.

speaking of which.......does anyone know where to get tix? i doubt they let scraggely, drunken college students like me in on opening night, but one-of the first shows would be great!

I believe they will be scheduling a large number of events as soon as it opens. They intend to strike while the iron is hot and sell as many tickets as they can. I don't think we need to fear it becoming elitist and inaccessible to people in my income bracket. Anyone who wants to hear music in the 'Horn' should be able to. They have even invited several High School Bands for a combined concert.

The sculpture for the Frieze is being installed now.

Thanks for the rad photos! Bank! This is going to be a very nice building, putting so many gigantic, monolithic (meaning "made of one stone"), bland, obese skyscrapers to shame.

For all of you great folks out there:

Good architecture ENTIRELY depends on how buildings relate to the street. The Schermerhorn has an articulate, human-scaled, noble, well-proportioned face on the street, with enough transparency and detail to interest and ennoble the walking man.

Awesome pics! Much to be proud of here. I hope it is isn't swallowed by a bunch of chain-gang-shades reflective-glass skyscrapers.

The Schermerhorn has an articulate, human-scaled, noble, well-proportioned face on the street, with enough transparency and detail to interest and ennoble the walking man.

I'm already starting to feel a little noble, but my walking ain't so good after that five mile run this morning... :sick:

Archived