New Sub-Forums

Cotuit

The new sub-forums are here as you've no doubt noticed by now.

I was of the mind that dividing up into more sub-forums would creat too much clicking to navigate and people wouldn't be able to find things. But there's also a lot going on around here, and having more sub-forums allows for more breathing room for topics, they don't drop off the first page as fast and get lost.

I'm particularly interested in building the new Pawtucket sub-forum, there's a lot happening up there and we have a number of members who live or work in Pawtucket. So the rest of us are relying on you all to keep us updated.

If you see any threads that should be moved to another section let me know. If you don't know where to start a thread make your best guess, I'll move it if needed. As always, everyone is encouraged to post new threads!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the new subforums Cotuit. They seem nicely organized.

Thanks also for all of your UP moderating efforts in general. Am I the only person who's ever asked myself if I'd enjoy living in Providence and RI nearly as much as I do if UP wasn't around? :wub:

Does the reorganization mean that the main forum topics here are for larger ones of mostly state or board importance?

- Garris

Thanks for the new subforums Cotuit. They seem nicely organized.

Thanks also for all of your UP moderating efforts in general.

I love to be loved. :)

Does the reorganization mean that the main forum topics here are for larger ones of mostly state or board importance?

The main section would be for general discussion of things that impact the entire state (though as we know, the things that happen in Pawtucket and Providence impact the entire state). Things that don't fall into the sub-forum categories, Woonsocket, Newport, Warwick, and just general RI discussions.

If the Pawtucket sub-forum takes off, I may try adding a Newport one later.

Neo has updated the RSS feeds for Rhode Island:

feed-ri.png

Rhode Island

Pawtucket

Providence

Rhode Island Business and Technology

Rhode Island Projects and Construction

Rhode Island Calendar

If you were subscribed to the Providence feed in the past, that should now be the Rhode Island feed and should feed you all posts in all Rhode Island subforums.

Archived