Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monsoon

Wacky un Sacky Street Names

monsoon    0
This Article from the BBC lists Psycho Path in Michigan as the Wackiest street name in the USA. (out of 2500 submitted). Let's have our own contest and list strange street names that you know about. It's not limited to the USA and please give the city name where you found it. If you know the history, even better.

What city?

The last 2 are in York,PA and the other one is in Danbury,CT (its the street my parents live on

Edit: I found a free Throw Court in Charlotte,NC when i was looking for apartments

Snowguy716    0

My city fire department recently changed from a "Number system" to a name system, so all rural roads that were previously just long driveways with no names now have to be named.

At about the same time as this, my uncle had purchased a house 10 miles from town and about 4 months after he moved in, the neighbors sold their land to a company that is excavating gravel from the field, so large blue dumptrucks drive by his house several times a day (at least they did).

So, he narrowed it down to two choices "Blue Dump Truck Trail" and "Skid Row"... the county preferred "Blue Dump Truck Trail" and now my uncle is regretting it every time he has to give his address out.

There is a street in Plymouth, Michigan called Turtle Head. When I saw it I thought of Fat beotch from Austin Powers. I think in Goldmember he says something like "I've got a turtle head poking out!" hehe

Michi    0

If you "mapquest" Psycho Path in Traverse City, Michigan, it's not found. I bet someone just made it up and put a sign out front of their property.

I had friends who lived on English Muffin Way in Reston, VA. Recently, I looked at buying a house on Tinkerbell Lane in Charlotte. Great house, but I just couldn't bring myself to live on a street named "Tinkerbell".

crispin    0

Two of my favorites are No Road and Knotah Road, in Jacksonville, Fla.

That city also has a Quiet Country Lane and a Memory Lane.

And one street I would hate to live on: Mosquito Den Drive.

Uh, lets see, on the outskirts of Phoenix, we have Sore Finger Road.. theres Silly Mountain Road (though I don't believe thats in the phoenix area) and um.. Theres not many more I can think of off the top of my head.

--Cody W

colin    0

Tucson has a Manlove Street, although I'm sure it's named after a person and not...yeah.

However, the most stolen street sign here is Stoner Avenue out on the east side. It has to be replaced about four times per year.

"Player's Club Drive" is the second most stolen sign in town.