The Abandoned Buildings of Downtown

Allan

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I thought this was a nice little summary of the key abandoned buildings downtown. Now if we could just get their owners to redevelop them, or at least sell them to someone who will redevelop them, instead of just letting them sit there rotting away to nothing. Of course we all know that is much easier said than done.

I wish some big developer would be willing to take a risk on a massive project in Detroit. That would really help turn things around, and attract more interest to downtown. It's clear that metro Detroiters want a type of downtown to shop in - which is one of the reasons why we keep building these "lifestyle centers" all over - we just need to get people willing enough to take the big risk; the inital step of investing in downtown. If one or two big developments happen, more will follow. However we do have a good number of small things going on....and every little bit helps.

I've heard all sorts of things...like the Slater being renovated into apartments, or the Pick-Fort Shelby being renovated into condos. I just wish a developer with definate plans would step forward. I'm sick of hearing things from people who don't have the sources to back themselves up...I want to see some actual plans and actual work being done.

Archived