Newport News City Center Project

urbanfan

New info on the 2 different condo projects in the works for City Center at Oyster Point.

First, there will be a condo complex 3-4 stories high with retail on the ground floor, and the condos will be above.

Secondly, there will be a condo complex 18 stories high, adjacent to the new upscale hotel. This complex will consist of perhaps a floor of retail, 4-5 floors of parking, and then high rise condos on floors 6-18. These condos will share amenities with the hotel such as concierge services, the gym, and the swimming pool.

Also, a conference center is just about framed and ready to be filled in at the site now. Not to be confused with a big convention center, this structure should be 2 tall floors, holding a big conference room of about 1200-person capacity, and a smaller conference room holding about half as many people.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New info on the 2 different condo projects in the works for City Center at Oyster Point.

First, there will be a condo complex 3-4 stories high with retail on the ground floor, and the condos will be above.

Secondly, there will be a condo complex 18 stories high, adjacent to the new upscale hotel.  This complex will consist of perhaps a floor of retail, 4-5 floors of parking, and then high rise condos on floors 6-18.  These condos will share amenities with the hotel such as concierge services, the gym, and the swimming pool.

Also, a conference center is just about framed and ready to be filled in at the site now.  Not to be confused with a big convention center, this structure should be 2 tall floors, holding a big conference room of about 1200-person capacity, and a smaller conference room holding about half as many people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Johnny... You are my hero right now. That is fantastic info!!! :) 18? Wow... I've seen in several renderings a building behind the SunTrust building and I've seen it being drawn at several different heights. I suppose that might be it? Either way, that's fantastic news and thank you! Keep it coming too:)

:D

Johnny... You are my hero right now.  That is fantastic info!!!  :)  18?  Wow... I've seen in several renderings a building behind the SunTrust building and I've seen it being drawn at several different heights.  I suppose that might be it?  Either way, that's fantastic news and thank you!  Keep it coming too:)

:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sounds great. Does anyone know does this center have a website?

• 10 months later...

Secondly, there will be a condo complex 18 stories high, adjacent to the new upscale hotel. This complex will consist of perhaps a floor of retail, 4-5 floors of parking, and then high rise condos on floors 6-18. These condos will share amenities with the hotel such as concierge services, the gym, and the swimming pool.

Also, a conference center is just about framed and ready to be filled in at the site now. Not to be confused with a big convention center, this structure should be 2 tall floors, holding a big conference room of about 1200-person capacity, and a smaller conference room holding about half as many people.

Hm ... I thought that the parking was adjacent and that something like floors 2-17 were all condos and 18 was penthouse suites.

Also, PeninsulaKiddo, you'll be happy to learn that the website has been redesigned and looks way better than the old one. The newsletters are updated every month as well (waiting for the March edition).

There's and ice rink planned for city center? :huh: And cirellos fine food market is coming? Who knew? :dontknow: It's good to know they have so many interesting things planned. :)

I would love to see the renderings of the ice skating rink. I wish Norfolk would come up with something that would be a fountain or something else during the rest of the year and become a ice skating rink during the winter. Hopefully NN has something like that planned. I like what NNews is working towards. It really looks like they have planned this out very well. :thumbsup:

I would love to see the renderings of the ice skating rink. I wish Norfolk would come up with something that would be a fountain or something else during the rest of the year and become a ice skating rink during the winter. Hopefully NN has something like that planned. I like what NNews is working towards. It really looks like they have planned this out very well. :thumbsup:

The ice rink will not be on the fountaion like your thinking. The ice rink would be on the empty vacant parking lot that the future 20 plus story office tower will be built on. The cost of freezing the fountain over would be insane.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Article

NEWPORT NEWS -- The City Center at Oyster Point officially will open its retail shops today with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 11 a.m.

Despite the obvious signs of continuing construction -including bulldozers, piles of dirt, and orange traffic barrels - different shops have been opening in City Center for months. Offices and apartments have been open at City Center since last year, but today will mark the official opening of the shops along "Mariners Row," a city-like street with wide, stone sidewalks and freshly painted, white parking lines on the gleaming black asphalt.

Twelve stores are scheduled to open today, joining about seven shops and eateries that opened already. More shops will open in the summer.

Article

NEWPORT NEWS -- The City Center at Oyster Point officially will open its retail shops today with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 11 a.m.

Despite the obvious signs of continuing construction -including bulldozers, piles of dirt, and orange traffic barrels - different shops have been opening in City Center for months. Offices and apartments have been open at City Center since last year, but today will mark the official opening of the shops along "Mariners Row," a city-like street with wide, stone sidewalks and freshly painted, white parking lines on the gleaming black asphalt.

Twelve stores are scheduled to open today, joining about seven shops and eateries that opened already. More shops will open in the summer.

This is good to hear, things should really start to pick up the pace now. :) Meridian should be breaking ground next month too, that's something else we can look forward to.

you know ... that thing where you stare at a computer intently and seriously when the guy that pays you money walks by, only to maximize the mozilla window with urbanplanet in it when he's gone. surely you've heard of it??

you know ... that thing where you stare at a computer intently and seriously when the guy that pays you money walks by, only to maximize the mozilla window with urbanplanet in it when he's gone. surely you've heard of it??

:ph34r: Never :unsure:

Archived