Hot Spots for St. Patrick's Day

fluffy

Being the irish-ish man I am, I take the day off and enjoy what the city of Grand Rapids has to offer me.

The last couple years we get up way too early and hit up drink specials around town.

6-7am is ideal.

This year we have McFadden's to look forward to.

I think my itinerary will look like this:

Black Rose, McFadden's, Gardella's (have to get a drink on the way!), Flannigan's, Quinn and Tuites.

Any other hot spots I'm missing downtown for such a glorious day?

Any drink specials you in-the-know's know?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being the irish-ish man I am, I take the day off and enjoy what the city of Grand Rapids has to offer me.

The last couple years we get up way too early and hit up drink specials around town.

6-7am is ideal.

This year we have McFadden's to look forward to.

I think my itinerary will look like this:

Black Rose, McFadden's, Gardella's (have to get a drink on the way!), Flannigan's, Quinn and Tuites.

Any other hot spots I'm missing downtown for such a glorious day?

Any drink specials you in-the-know's know?

I'm getting dragged to Detroit this year for CCHA finals @ the Joe. But years past I have frequented The Elbow Room on Fuller. Can't beat cheap Guiness.

I'll start out at the Black Rose about 3PM, take it easy, drive to Holland for the 6:00 PM St. Patrick's Day parade which ends at the Curragh Irish Pub. Great Irish music in both venues and a well-poured Guinness!

ps:

Mcfaddens = Sports Bar with green wallpaper. :rolleyes:

we tend to make rounds, Start ad Divani, to Gardellas, Taps, alot of the time we end up at Mulligans. This year they'll prolly start at McFaddens, Me I'll be stuck in Phoenix, where you find bars in strip malls, since they are the oldest structures in Arizona! I'll stay home and watch Buffy or something.

Actually I should say, I do celebrate St Patricks day, but as a meaninful holiday in my religion.

your old enough now, St. Patricks day should be like a second birthday for you!

come on, I'll even get in a old time irish brawl with ya lol

Has anybody here been to that bar in Conklin on St. Patricks day?

I have, last year. Crowded, smoky, noisy. The same musicians (bring your axe and sit in!) play every Wednesday, and if you like that sort of music, go when it's not "amateur night" (and I don't mean the players).

The monthly contra dance in Holland (Park Twp Hall) is March 17. Live music, $7 cover, smoke-free. (Alcohol-free, too.) Friendly folks who will ask you to dance. Green apparel likely.

oh laddie im not that wee of a man.

6'2" 250, Consider yourself warned. My little co-worker is 5'5" 115 lbs, I watched him in a fight once, he took down Andre' the friggin giant, stung him like a bee. Stung him like 1000 friggin bees.

6'2" 250, Consider yourself warned. My little co-worker is 5'5" 115 lbs, I watched him in a fight once, he took down Andre' the friggin giant, stung him like a bee. Stung him like 1000 friggin bees.

6 ft even and im positive I weigh more then that ;P But Im just messin with ya anyway ;P

Archived