Nudity is Evil

I'm surprised this hasn't been talked about yet so I will start. The Black Hills Neighborhood association has raised $100,000 to fight Mark London's strip club downtown. Mayor Heartwell had said if people raised money, he would bring it up to the city to fight the *REAL* corruption and degradation of our youth: Nekkid people. Heck, let's blame the failing school system on strip clubs too while we're at it. ;)

One thing that strikes me: Doesn't this amount to paying off the city? Can you actually pay the city's legal fees to fight something that a certain group of people do not like? If I *REALLY* liked strip clubs, could I raise $101,000 to have them fight IN FAVOR of having a strip club at every corner?

To me, this amounts to out-in-the-open corruption, but because the subject is taboo, no one is standing up to say WTF?!

Let me state that I'm not a regular at the local nudey bars, I'm just blown away that the city would try this. I hope the city of GR gets the 1st amendment shoved straight down their throats.

Joe

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't stand sexual vices, and this issue pisses me off. Simply, the nudie business is a multiBILLION dollar industry. How in the hell can you fight a vice with billions of dollars in it and a loobying group who can throw that cash around like it grows on trees? That old lady needs to get off its high horse and fight real injustices like: child abuse, sexual violence, or better yet, oh my gosh do I dare say, GRPS? Who can raise that much money that quicky for anything other then nudie patrol?

Joe, I hear ya.

The worst part is that they will blame child abuse, sexual violence, etc. ON the strip clubs.

Everyone knows that people who visit strip clubs are one step away from becoming serial killers. ;)

Joe

GR needs to get off its high horse and fight real injustices like: child abuse, sexual violence, or better yet, oh my gosh do I dare say, GRPS? Who can raise that much money that quicky for anything other then nudie patrol?

Joe, I hear ya.

Can we as a city really afford this kind of fight? I'm asking because it seems akward that we can at wim justify fighting a political, social, and legal fight while not entertaining the thought of how this might effect the City fiscal and economic situation?

double post

Wyoming learned the expensive lesson of fighting the strip club, shame on them to waste tax payer money.

Nobody is holding a gun to peoples heads and FORCING them to go to a strip club, and when you walk into a strip club, you're not shocked by what you see, you're expecting to see nudity.

Imagine the outrage if Mark London went to the city hall and said he raised $100,000 to fight churches in downtown grand rapids.

Hmm... If this new exotic dancing club :shades: is where I think it is, then I doubt any children currently wander over there from the neighborhood, anyways. Didn't the Project X Developers want to buy him out, in any event? Maybe that is the whole point of the project, just to buy out the joint.

Hmm... If this new exotic dancing club :shades: is where I think it is, then I doubt any children currently wander over there from the neighborhood, anyways. Didn't the Project X Developers want to buy him out, in any event? Maybe that is the whole point of the project, just to buy out the joint.

I think it was mentioned on TV 8 that the person owning the strip club made a deal with the "Project X" people.

i would hope it relocates in the downtown area somewhere...alot of cool bands stop at the intersection

The Intersection is a definate asset for downtown, drawing people down there on all days of the week. Having it not somewhere downtown would leave a big void in entertainment options.

"The question is moot!" :D

Since he's going to sell (according to the news reports), nudity will have to remain "evil" in other parts of the city.

the evil can spread a little farther north.......

:ph34r:

actually moving the club to the north might help it out.

Archived