Nudity is Evil

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as this thing is in GR, that old lady will b and moan until it goes to hell.

Geez . . . leave the lady alone . .she wasn't alone in this fight you know. You can still get your kicks from naked chicks at the three clubs open around town . . . .and all the internet and pay per view shows . . . .cripes how much more is needed? :rofl::rofl:

I believe your sarcasm isn't warranted. Especially, ' :rofl:s' when you almost equate my decision to not support a fight with the nudie industry as being a supporter of the vice. I'm anti "sex vice" because I am an anti-feminist. But, that's not a good enough reason to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to subject adults to my own beliefs. Where's the enthusiasm for fighting other more destructive behavior with this hundred grand, time and energy from the supporters of this effort?

You can already see this as a loosing fight, because if Grand Rapids were successful, I believe the city would have the tightest regulation on the industry. It is a loosing battle because lots of people support sexual vices. That's why it is naturally a billion dollar industry with lobbying groups, lawyers, and a national network of "good ol' boys."

This moral objection doesn't warrant itself especially when the City of Grand Rapids is facing it's own financial problems. Let's bring the real problems back to the front burners. I'd like to see this old lady and her cohorts devote this same amount of attention to crimes against the innocent. The moral judgment of some folks really doesn't make any sense to me.

Amen, Rizzo!

I believe your sarcasm isn't warranted. Especially, ' :rofl:s' when you almost equate my decision to not support a fight with the nudie industry as being a supporter of the vice. I'm anti "sex vice" because I am an anti-feminist. But, that's not a good enough reason to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to subject adults to my own beliefs. Where's the enthusiasm for fighting other more destructive behavior with this hundred grand, time and energy from the supporters of this effort?

You can already see this as a loosing fight, because if Grand Rapids were successful, I believe the city would have the tightest regulation on the industry. It is a loosing battle because lots of people support sexual vices. That's why it is naturally a billion dollar industry with lobbying groups, lawyers, and a national network of "good ol' boys."

This moral objection doesn't warrant itself especially when the City of Grand Rapids is facing it's own financial problems. Let's bring the real problems back to the front burners. I'd like to see this old lady and her cohorts devote this same amount of attention to crimes against the innocent. The moral judgment of some folks really doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm anti "sex vice" because I am an anti-feminist.

Interesting... I'm anti "sex vice" because I am pro-feminist.

Actually, there is also a coalition of folks around the country that is fighting the expansion of sex industries. Part of the City's expense in the matter includes bringing in a lawer who is an expert in such matters. I hear that he has worked with many other cities to adopt similar regs.

I support the Mayor on this one... the industry exploits women.

Actually, there is also a coalition of folks around the country that is fighting the expansion of sex industries. Part of the City's expense in the matter includes bringing in a lawer who is an expert in such matters. I hear that he has worked with many other cities to adopt similar regs.

While I support the city in doing this, the lawyer they are bringing in has not seen too much success in having his advise upheld. I believe most of them have been struck down in court. Anyone have different info on this?

The whole "anti-strip club" agenda is simply a matter of making a statement. Sure, they would liked to win, but if they don't then their message is still out there. "We will try to stop you today and tomorrow, get ready for a battle." Plus, they are sending a message to residents and perhaps, especially, young people that they don't like this type of activity in their town. Sometimes silence can be seen as approval.

No, let me clarify that I am anti- to the sexual empowerment faction in the feminist movement. Don't confuse me with a pig headed male though. At the very root, this feminism faction exploits women. Various feminists of this movement have contended that sexual freedom for woman through the sexual vices has "empowered" them. There is no empowerment in sexual exploitation at the hands of patronage. The very patrons that "empower" the female also exploit her. Forgive me for being so blunt, but feminism denies the very reality in which we live, even to the point of denying sex roles, and human behavior. There are just certain ways of doing things and this faction just plays into the male dominance, specifically through the sexual vice. Let me say that feminism isn't the cause of the sex vice, but it isn't helping it either.

I hardly think a majority of Grand Rapidians want this fight, especially when they look at their tax bills and wonder, "why?" No matter if there is a network fighting this with plenty of do-gooders and their money, it is still one hell of a uphill battle. You have to realise when you have been "licked" or "size up" and it looks obvious that the city dosen't know what kind of fight its getting into.

Archived