Phenix City Projects and Developments

ATLman1

Phenix City Getting it's second Walgreens location

Ground has been broken on a second Walgreens store in Phenix City. I noticed the signs and construction gear on the location while driving around PC on saturday. The new store will be located at the intersection of Summerville Road & Pierce road. This is a very expensive area of the city with some of the pricest subdivision in Phenix City located near this area They include St. Andrews, Rock Island, Steeplechase aptartments, ect..... The intersection is becoming a real retail area with stores like Publix and CVS already having setup shop in this area. With the new off ramps from US hwy 80(JR Allen Parkway) right down the street retail growth should continue in this area.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phenix City getting New Resturant

Construction is currently going on at the old Bonanza Steakhouse on US 280. Not exactly sure what resturant is going there, but from the design of the building I would say a Mexican resturant of some sort. It has that whole southerwestern Alamo appearance to it. I'll post updated info when I learn more or if anyone can hear of anything about what it is please post it here.

• 2 months later...

Developers, Troy University eager to begin work on new buildings

Phenix City is moving forward with the purchase of The Triangle along the riverwalk downtown.

Troy University plans to build a $6 million academic campus on the site to house its business department. The building will be 6 stories tall. The other portion of the property will become the new condo high-rise called The Phenixian. The $35 million development will be 10-11 stories tall overlooking downtown Columbus.

A restaurant will still be located on the southeast corner of the property. Retail shops will also be included in the building.

• 1 month later...

A new Days Inn is under construction in Phenix City. The Foundation has been poured for the new hotel on US Highway 80 west just past Woodland Drive no sketch has yet been put in place, but i would expect with the size of the lot for the hotel to be 3-5 floors high. In addition to this construction continues on a new 4 story Hampton Inn at the intersection of US Highway 280 & US highway 431 South in Phenix city. A new Holiday Inn Express opened on US 280 a couple of months ago. Plus i hear that city leaders in Phenix City are trying to locate a major hotel downtown near the riverfront.

Phenix City Interchange Now Open

The project known as the Riverchase Drive interchange has a total of four on and off ramps. It connects Riverchase Drive to the JR Allen Parkway. Several companies have expressed interest in locating near the new interchange. The project cost $10 million.

• 2 months later...

phenix city alabama now has a new hotel in the city its in the process of being built right now it will be located near the highway 431 and near the exit ramp that comes off of 280 bypass it sits on a hill near the days inn hotel the new hotel being built looks amazing and great it looks like it will be a 4 or 5 story hotel

phenix city alabama now has a new hotel in the city its in the process of being built right now it will be located near the highway 431 and near the exit ramp that comes off of 280 bypass it sits on a hill near the days inn hotel the new hotel being built looks amazing and great it looks like it will be a 4 or 5 story hotel

It's a new Hampton Inn & Suites.

• 1 month later...

Things and ideas that I have for phenix city alabama my first idea is the 431 highway I would love to see more stuff be built down that highway I would love to see a freds store and maybe some fast food restraunts like a mcdonalds fast food restraunt and a crystals fast food restraunt and a taco bell fast food restraunt and a burger king fast food restraunt and a checkers burgers fast food restraunt and a ryans buffet restraunt and a golden coral restraunt and a ihop pancakes restraunt and maybe a star bucks coffee shop and a wendys fast food restraunt and a arbys fast food restraunt and a lows hardware store and a waffle house restraunt all of these things I named would be great for that highway and would look great on that highway and all these fast food restraunts and stores I named would make plenty of business if they were built down that highway because alot of people travel down that highway and during the summer time these fast food restraunts and stores would make tons of business because thats the only highway people can and will be traveling down to go to the beaches like panama city florida or destin florida and penscola florida and I have the great spot for all of this stuff to be built on the 431 highway in phenix city alabama my best spot would be near the big fireworks outlet store because theres all that field of empty land beside the big firework outlet store and phenix city could buy and purchase that land and they can start building all of the fast food restraunts and stores there

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Good news for the phenix city downtown road comstruction and streetscape project phenix citys downtown road construction and streetscape project is suppose to be finished by the first of april or the middle of april I can not wait to see what its going to look like when they finish it I hope they do a good job on it and I hope it will look good when they finish it.

Good news for alabama the state of alabama may be getting 3 billion dollars but the question is will phenix city alabama see any of the money or get any of the money all I have to say is phenix city better get some of that money because we need to get our roads fixed and widened here in phenix city and phenix city needs new bridges to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Was riding around town today off of 431 highway in phenix city and there some trees being cleared and cut down near the little shopping area center where 4 pizza pirates pizza place is I wonder why they are clearing trees and cutting down trees i wonder whats going to happen here and what is going to be built here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I just saw some information about Troy State-Phenix City, and Chatahoochee Valley Community College working towards putting a campus in downtown Phenix City where the Riverview Apartments currently stand, with the focal point being a six story tower hosting Troy-Phenix's business school. Then I saw that this information was dated 2005.

So I did some more googling and found information dated 2007 that said Troy had three years to break ground on the project. I was just in the area this past weekend and saw nothing. Granted breaking ground could simply be the dean putting a shovel in the dirt, still I am wondering if anyone knows anything about this plan.

• 1 month later...

Was riding around town today off of 431 highway in phenix city and there some trees being cleared and cut down near the little shopping area center where 4 pizza pirates pizza place is I wonder why they are clearing trees and cutting down trees i wonder whats going to happen here and what is going to be built here.

The clearing that you saw is a new Apartment Community some of the buildings are up already They are three story garden style apartments similar to the windsweep apts built in North PC behind the IHOP a couple of yrs ago

• 2 weeks later...

Is that down by CVCC?

Yes it is about 1/2 mile south of the entrance to go to CVCC. The complex is called The Grand Reserve at Phenix City. It is suppose to be a top of the line luxury complex. I have also heard that there is plans to add some retail outparcels to the area also.

• 1 month later...

Archived