Is Los Angeles a fast or slow paced city?

Is Los Angeles a fast or slow paced city?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, Los Angeles is...

• fast paced
    • intermediate paced
    • slow paced

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since LA is getting a lot more traffic than what people expect, the city is beginning to build up, not out, due to constraints (water, city services, the # of people in LA County (over 10 million now), and schools).

Back in the 1980s, when there were classic 76ers-Lakers and Celtics-Lakers finals in the NBA, everyone called the Lakers "L.A. Fakers."

I lived in Los Angeles in the mid-90s. It really depends on where you live. You have to remember that physically, its a huge city. I lived in Studio City (Valley). It was pretty quiet. The Brady Bunch house was only two streets away, if that tells you how fast-paced my area was. If I has chosen to live in West Hollywood, Mid Wilshire, Silverlake or Santa Monica/Brentwood/Westwood (UCLA area) it would have been very fast paced. That's one of the great things about the city. You can live as fast or slow as you like and be within 20 minutes of downtown.

I was hanging out in the San Pedro area of LA just out of curiosity would that area be considered fast-mid-or-slow paced? For me it seemed very familiar.

Dear God! What were you doing in San Pedro? Def slow. Long Beach is great (just across the bridge), but there is nothing really in SP. I was stuck at the Hilton at the marina there for three days for work a couple of years ago. I did find a really good Vietnamese place to eat, but that was about it.

Dear God! What were you doing in San Pedro? Def slow. Long Beach is great (just across the bridge), but there is nothing really in SP. I was stuck at the Hilton at the marina there for three days for work a couple of years ago. I did find a really good Vietnamese place to eat, but that was about it.

Visiting friends coming up from San Diego, actually they stayed literally down the hill from rancho palos verdes.

Archived