Car Lofts?

bzorch

A loft for car lovers. Maybe this will be the next big fad for urban living. When will Nashville get its first? I know I would not want to look at my car though if it was as nice as the ones in the photographs on this website maybe I could treat it as sculpture. But I would rather use the balcony. Plus I would be too lazy to wax it. I am surprised this is starting in Germany and not the US.

Link to Car Loft Website

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is surprising that hasn't happened here. I've been thinking, everytime I drive down Broadway at the split and think how cool this kind of building would be for the dealerships. That area really needs the surface lots be developed to help link Midtown with Downtown.

Here's an interesting model in Toronto, though in different views the building is a bit blah. On the facade, the cars themselves act as the billboard.

I have a feeling the carloft will definitely be something that will happen, but will only cater to the richest of the rich. Getting dealerships into mid-rises, that could be practical.

BMW Toronto

BMW Toronto

Didn't a parking garage like this debut in Germany a few years ago? I remember seeing images of folks driving up to the lift, getting out, and the machine would whisk your car away to be packed in like sardines in a massive garage. I think it was Berlin....

Those car lofts are real cool. I think if an American city were to get those, Miami would be at the top of the list. Miami is getting car condos. They basically have a similar idea, I guess. I posted the site in the Miami forum a couple of weeks ago.

Here is a SFBJ article

http://southflorida.bizjournals.com/southf.../27/story4.html

Archived