Bristol-Myers eyes R.I. for drug making plant

Frankie811

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

They picked Devens, MA. While I'm disappointed that RI wasn't picked, it does again show that New England certianly isn't the economic dead end people from other parts of the country like to think we are.

Yeah .. I think the fact that many of the best colleges in the world are in New England don't hurt its chances for landing big businesses. It also has a lot of top tier public schools, with Uconn obviously being the top one of that bunch. For that reason alone the area's a good place to do business. Is this a low skill job, being manufacturing, or do the people involved at the plant need to have a certain level of expertise?

Other than that, the south is a cheaper place to do business, which is why we lost the textile industry (that they're now losing to China among other places) years ago.

Archived