"Evening Rose"

P_McLane

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is nothing deep or wide about that house. You've got to see it in person. The picture makes it look much bigger than it is.

Hmm, well I might bite for 160,000 if the neighborhood is really as nice as everyone is saying. cause.... I really dont think its that bad, plus I like to be different... haha

I don't think you'd be happy paying $160 for that home with everything else you could buy in town for that price.

Actually 160 is bargain basement price for a home in Tallahassee today, unless you wanna live in a less desirable neighborhood.

I am going to have to agree with TD on this one. I actually like the house my self. For instance it is a Corner lot so thats a BIG plus, also the Tin Roof, window dormers and I am sure that there will be an elevated wood deck to add. I know that the Landscaping for Evening Rose is going to look even more impressive than it already does when it is completed. I actually would not mind stopping by and checking it out.

The only thing that I DONT like is those gawd awful utility boxes in the yard.

One more thing to note...Location, location, location. This will almost be less that a mile from Falls Chase and 3-4 miles from the The New Out Door Mall going up along Monroe and I-10 along with its own Town Center.

mracca I'm a big fan of tin roofs on these type of homes too. I've often thought when the time comes for a new roof on my bungalow of changing the asphalt roof to a tin one. I like the look and the sound it makes when it rains.

What are the major pros and cons of a tin roof??

mracca I'm a big fan of tin roofs on these type of homes too. I've often thought when the time comes for a new roof on my bungalow of changing the asphalt roof to a tin one. I like the look and the sound it makes when it rains.

What are the major pros and cons of a tin roof??

Pros Last longer than shingles.

SOunds better in rain

Cons- Costs more initially?

That "stilts look" is actually very smart for this area. The old school Floridians knew what they were doing. You want to allow air to pass under the house, it keeps everything a little cooler. Combine that kind of foundation with windows that open at both top and bottom (to allow circulation), ceiling fans, and a well insulated attic crawl space, and you can cut your cooling costs by a good chunk for most of the summer. It's a Florida cracker shack.

OK... so $160,000 for this house that's probably 800 sq. ft. sounds fair?

If you were a Realtor and all you told me was that.......then no it would it would not sound fair and I probably would not buy the house. But if you included....."The finished project will look like a revitalized retail village including a mix of fine and casual dining, coffee and breakfast establishments, financial institutions, boutique shops, a day spa, salon, and fitness center combined with a mix of additional small and medium office and retail amenities." your own Yard, Practically down-town, 1m from Fallschases, located next to great schools ect, ect, ect........ Then yeah, I can see this house saleing easily, maybe not to me but to someone in a short period of time. I do belive that a new Townhouse that offers less (no yard mostly and in some cases not even your own drive-way or private porch) would be asking for the same if not more. Which would you prefer?

If you were a Realtor and all you told me was that.......then no it would it would not sound fair and I probably would not buy the house. But if you included....."The finished project will look like a revitalized retail village including a mix of fine and casual dining, coffee and breakfast establishments, financial institutions, boutique shops, a day spa, salon, and fitness center combined with a mix of additional small and medium office and retail amenities." your own Yard, Practically down-town, 1m from Fallschases, located next to great schools ect, ect, ect........ Then yeah, I can see this house saleing easily, maybe not to me but to someone in a short period of time. I do belive that a new Townhouse that offers less (no yard mostly and in some cases not even your own drive-way or private porch) would be asking for the same if not more. Which would you prefer?

Hehe, sorry we dont agree with you florida, but we like the little box that could in fallschase.

I'd take the townhouse if it included more square footage over a yard as small as the one this home has. I'm not knocking the house, don't get me wrong, I like it. I'm just making a statement about the price point for something this size. As the real estate market prices undergoes its correction, one would be unwise to pay more than $125,000 for something like this, TND or not. Far to many alternatives out there in this price range with more square footage and quality in construction offered... even in nice areas.

I agree with you Florida. There are allot of alternatives, exp with Turn-Keys houses that are a plenty located downtown and for a good price.. I think that we both make good points. You are looking at it from a space perspectives and thats great if you are looking for a lot of room. I am looking at it from a location and amenities perspective, I haven't even "seen" the house, only a picture. One only out-weights the other depending on what that buyer is looking for.

Humzai, I didn't see any arguments just simply looking at a price point from 2 perspectives.

Not to jump on you mracca ;) , I bet that pitch sounds very similar to the ones made by St. Joe/realtors over the past few years out at Southwood when describing the town center...................looks like it may have the same result too as they've yet to release any info about firm commitments from businesses owners in any of those product/service areas except maybe a bank. downturn in market + not enough residents + not enough room = ??? for "retail village". As for the location, there are several smaller neighborhoods w/i a mile or so of Evening Rose with houses in the 160K-200K price range that have better access to Capital Circle/Mahan (and thus Fallschase, Starmetro, other amenities, etc.), and with the foreclosure train picking up steam, there are bound to be more in the near future.

Not to jump on you mracca ;) , I bet that pitch sounds very similar to the ones made by St. Joe/realtors over the past few years out at Southwood when describing the town center...................looks like it may have the same result too as they've yet to release any info about firm commitments from businesses owners in any of those product/service areas except maybe a bank. downturn in market + not enough residents + not enough room = ??? for "retail village". As for the location, there are several smaller neighborhoods w/i a mile or so of Evening Rose with houses in the 160K-200K price range that have better access to Capital Circle/Mahan (and thus Fallschase, Starmetro, other amenities, etc.), and with the foreclosure train picking up steam, there are bound to be more in the near future.

Actually you kinda read my mind. I initinally had something about South Wood in my post but I deleted it because I know that it is a sour subject at the moment that I don't know much about and wasn't about to touch. I believe (hoping) that K2UC has a better marketing strategy than St Joe and will hopefully learn from their mistakes. I was actually thinking about looking into SW but kinda changed my mind atm until its more clear the direction and vision St. Joe has and taking it. I go out there a few times a month because the Wachovia (Walk-all-over-ya) is open on Saturdays and Sundays and it give me a good excuse to ride my bike out there, but I always check Town Center to see if anything new is developing, sadly its seems to be getting worse.

Archived