"Evening Rose"

P_McLane

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Evening rose will participate in this years parade of homes. I really want to check it out. anyone wanna meet up?

EVENING ROSE CYNTHIA ANN TOWNHOME MODEL OPENS FOR PARADE OF HOMES

May 10, 11 and 17,18. There is nothing like our stunning new Cynthia Ann Townhome series anywhere in Tallahassee. That's why we built them.

And now you can tour the model and experience this feeling of estate-like living for yourself. These are two story homes with 10-foot high ceilings, multiple porches and balconies, and New Orleans "secret garden" styled, open-air private courtyards. Some townhomes also feature a detached carriage house with its own entrance, kitchen, bath, bedroom, living area and balcony. Starting at $295,000.

ER was in the Parade last year, but of course not w/the townhomes. I enjoyed the model I went through last year on their property, but then again I'm a sucka for bungalows and the Arts & Crafts look.

Unfortunately I'll be out of town BOTH weekends of the PoH.

Isn't it the weekend of 5.10 and 5.17?

Unfortunately I'll be out of town BOTH weekends of the PoH.

Isn't it the weekend of 5.10 and 5.17?

Yes poonther, the PoH is this weekend 5/10-11 and next weekend 5/17-18. Too bad you'll be out of town both weekends. :(

Yes poonther, the PoH is this weekend 5/10-11 and next weekend 5/17-18. Too bad you'll be out of town both weekends. :(

Anyone else catch the 'Evening Rose Post' newspaper/advertisement that came with yesterday's edition of the Democrat? Between the 'Post', the advertisements in Tallahassee magazine, Homes & Land, etc., and the numerous billboards, I can't imagine what K2's marketing costs/budget must be for Evening Rose.

On what I found to be a somewhat entertaining note- I did love the 'Post' front-page article praising the Growth Management Department (which apparently was rated #3 in the country by a UNC study so kudos).....now THAT is how you suck up to the powers that be! (the rest of the developers/builders out there must take note) :lol:

I hope they're able to fill up the rest of the retail and sell some of those townhomes and remaining lots so that we can see a completed project w/i the year. :thumbsup:

I have heard that at least one of the homes in the area have been sold and will soon be occupied. Also, the curbing has been laid around the commercial section. So, I would think that blacktop will be poured soon.

I have heard that at least one of the homes in the area have been sold and will soon be occupied. Also, the curbing has been laid around the commercial section. So, I would think that blacktop will be poured soon.

I think there are currently 4 of the homes occupied with a few more sold. Two of the ER homes listed for the Parade are sold.

I think there are currently 4 of the homes occupied with a few more sold. Two of the ER homes listed for the Parade are sold.

That's great news. I'm VERY curious to see how the townhomes will be received. I've seen the renderings/floor plans, etc., and they seem well done (and bonus points for the green construction :thumbsup: ), but I think most locals are still a little hesitant to plop down $300K + and still share party walls.....I guess time will tell.

On that same note, aren't some of these townhouses supposed to be satisfying the affordable housing component? If so, will they have the same amenities and appearance as the others?

That's great news. I'm VERY curious to see how the townhomes will be received. I've seen the renderings/floor plans, etc., and they seem well done (and bonus points for the green construction :thumbsup: ), but I think most locals are still a little hesitant to plop down $300K + and still share party walls.....I guess time will tell.

On that same note, aren't some of these townhouses supposed to be satisfying the affordable housing component? If so, will they have the same amenities and appearance as the others?

I guess I should clarify; I was referring to 4 of the normal homes being occupied, not the townhomes. I know nothing about the number of those which have been sold and certainly none of them are occupied. The townhomes do look pretty interesting but I agree that the price is a little steep. They might have better luck once some of the town center has been finished as I think it is going to raise the value of living in that neighborhood a lot.

How many bedrooms/baths do these 300+k townhomes have? If find that to be an incredibly steep price to share walls as josefk stated.

These townhomes will or will not be on the PoH?

They will be. You can see their info here:

http://www.tallyba.com/TBAEvents/ParadeofH...05/Default.aspx

Click on "View Homes" and then the town houses are 29. If you go through the online version of the booklet, they have the floorplan. There are two other Evening Rose homes in there, but built by Aspirant instead of K2. They are 43 and 49.

• 4 months later...

Charter School Grand Opening in Evening Rose

Good for them! Hopefully this will help sales in Evening Rose. The article states they have 320 students. What grades encompass this new school?

So the article states the name of the school is Imagine School. Is that the full complete name? Do they have John and Yoko as their mascots? :P

^ A co-workers child attends this new charter school and, although it's only been a few weeks since it opened, she's had nothing but praise for the school and it's staff. It currently goes through the 8th grade. Her child's class currently has 17 students and it is supposedly capped at 20.

Imagine Schools is a National Charter School company based in Alexandria, VA. http://www.imagineschools.com/

Also, according to the RRM, I heard John & Yoko started the company...... :P (j/k)

• 4 years later...

Wow.  Had not visited this project since K2 stopped building about 4 years ago.  Drove through this weekend and saw 4 new homes just built and 2 more under construction.  A new builder took over and looks like they are going strong.  A couple model homes nicely tricked out and prices are much more affordable than when this project started.  Saw a very nice 3 bedroom plan for $219k, with all the bells and whistles.    The pre-k and charter schools look like they have been open a while and there were some new stores (The Egg - nice breakfast!).  I always liked this project and was glad to see it coming back this way.  Anyone else been out there lately or know more?  

Archived