Pghlive posters.... she's back

mjcatl2

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^Mj, that is some inside baseball for us ol' timers. To update everyone that may not be in the loop . . . there is Pittsburgh newspaper that has some rockin forums on the sports teams but the "urban" forum is taken hostage by some self loathing types, most famous among these is Phoenix Katti. How this is relevant to us is that although I love talkin Steelers, Pens, Panthers and Pirates over there, UrbanPlanet is the ANTI-Pittsburgh Paper forum. Having started things over here I wanted UP to provide the real story on the Pittsburgh region--good and bad--but from a perspective of making things better and finding the positive in everything. Glad to know that the right attitude makes all the difference (Pittsburgh Paper forum dying, we're growing rapidly). Nothing against the paper, they have great sports forums there, just got invaded by the wrong crowd on city issues. Criticism is fair game here, irrelevant negativity (if that crowd ever comes here) will be suspended or locked ;).

Oh not her. I always wondered why on earth she kept coming back to that forum. It is kind of sad that she is still there, up to her same old crap. What did she say about Google coming to Pittsburgh? Something like "It probably won't end up happeneing" or "They created more jobs here in my town" ? LOL

I am also curious... is Voodoolounger still posting there? Ahhh memories.

I am also curious... is Voodoolounger still posting there? Ahhh memories.

One of the most difficult of blog personalities in terms of digestion of their opinion.

I did manage to win one argument (although, a long drawn out one at that) with this person when it was the realpittsburgh board. Took on Mark Rauterkus one occasion, as well...

am also curious... is Voodoolounger still posting there? Ahhh memories.

Yeah, but not there, the Pgh forum is basically dead. I do want to say that I don't consider him like her or some other negative posters. He often made articulate and intelligent points. He simply had little faith that much would change for the better (at least that's what it seems to me from his posts).

Yeah, but not there, the Pgh forum is basically dead. I do want to say that I don't consider him like her or some other negative posters. He often made articulate and intelligent points. He simply had little faith that much would change for the better (at least that's what it seems to me from his posts).

True, but I always felt like he was trying to squash my optimism. He did get kind of insulting sometimes toward those who did not agree with him. But you are right, he wasn't really the same as some of the others.

Archived