Forum Meeting | Wed. March 22nd 5:30pm

Cotuit

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the largest roadgeek meetings were held in Woburn, MA (and Raleigh, NC summer 04) last summer at around 30 people. This year should be the biggest over in Pittsburgh this June. This is labeled to be the first national roadgeek meeting. Of course, this is where the first reported meet was ever held as well back in 1997 i believe.

A bit off topic but as the years go by, for Urbanplanet, you get more and more people coming up to the meetings. Its suprising and overwhelming that you find out there are way more people than you think that have teh same interests as you when you've always felt you were teh only one!

So now's the point when I convince myself that no one's coming and I'll be sitting there alone like a doofus. :(

Reservation is set for "UrbanPlanet" at Trinity Brewhouse at 5:30pm. I'll be there in my Providence Police baseball cap. The reservation is for 20 if there's more they should be able to accomodate, if it's just me, then at least they have beer I can cry into. :cry:

So now's the point when I convince myself that no one's coming and I'll be sitting there alone like a doofus. :(

Reservation is set for "UrbanPlanet" at Trinity Brewhouse at 5:30pm. I'll be there in my Providence Police baseball cap. The reservation is for 20 if there's more they should be able to accomodate, if it's just me, then at least they have beer I can cry into. :cry:

i can't make it afterall... short on money until the end of the month... and the girlfriend (or fiancee or whatever) wouldn't be interested...

I'll be there to get my free beer :) I might be a little late but I should be there no later than 6:00.

-Mark

i can't make it afterall... short on money until the end of the month... and the girlfriend (or fiancee or whatever) wouldn't be interested...

It costs nothing to walk in the door and I'll give you my free beer allotment. It is a work night afterall...

-Mark

I'll be there. Is Thom coming?? He was the hit of the party last time.

I'll be there. Is Thom coming?? He was the hit of the party last time.

At this point I plan to attend. Of course my schedule is often out of my control. Enjoyed the last get together. Always good to share ideas in person.

I wish I could've made it last night...we had an impromptu CNU meeting. How was it?

I had a great time. Trinity worked out really well (Thanks Emily!!).

No pictures were taken... what happens at trinity, stays at trinity.

Thom Deller was there to pepper us with his inside information, popular as usual. One of his associates (whose name I would totally mangle, so I won't even try, I have her card at home), was there for a short time early on. David Brussat made a surprise appearance. Towards the end of the evening some super secret wheeling and dealing was discussed, it should be hitting the forum later next month, too bad if you weren't there. :P

super secret!?!? :cry:

Well, if you know the right people, it's not a secret at all. But it's one of those things that's best not publicized until all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed for fear of scuttling the whole project. So, it'll remain off the forum until then.

The other big news was glassandsteel coming out of the closet as a big time Motley Crue fan. :lol:

o jesus :) Well I usually have class from 9-1 then work from 4-10 during the week on MOST days, but i'll try and make the next meeting. Are weekends an option?? I am blessed to say that I dont work or have classes on the weekend, so I'll always be free.

And if this super secret is revelaed on the forum in 1 month I expect to be told since my birthday is coming up soon!!!! 20... i'll be SOOO OLDDD!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Are weekends an option??

I'd like to organize a Saturday afternoon in Pawtucket when the weather gets warmer. Perhaps eltron and artinruins can host us, then we can take a little tour of the city. :hint:

Archived