Winston-Salem featured in NY Times travel article

intcvlcphlga

Winston-Salem is the featured destination in their "36 Hours" series this weekend. It's a pretty well-planned itinerary for a weekend in W-S. Among the things I would have added though would be a trip to SECCA, a performance at NCSA and dinner at Christopher's. Asheville and the Outer Banks are the usual NC subjects in this series, so it's nice that the Triad got some notice. The article can be found here: http://travel2.nytimes.com/2006/03/10/trav...ours.html?8hpib

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...a domed Cesar Pelli skyscraper that looks like a giant bottle of roll-on antiperspirant.

lol :P

Yeah pretty decent article. I'd say the local arts scene and downtown art district is really gaining some momentum! :thumbsup:

EDIT: I will add one thing though: We NEED a downtown KrispyKreme! Like it or not it's one of W-S's big claims-to-fame. We should show it off better! Like a downtown flagship store or something.

Students at WSSU always called the Wachovia building, the "building that looks like a penis" or "did y'all know that Winston has building that looks like a penis?" Well it's good that WSSU has a good skyline view...about Krispy Kreme, it's sad that Krispy Kreme started in Winston-Salem and that history isn't shown here. Just like NC A&T in Greensboro has a full serving Krispy Kreme Store in its food court while WSSU have just a Krispy Kreme stand in its food court.

thanks for posting

My sentiments exactly. Regardless of any puns the building may receive, the Wachovia building is a gorgeous part of the Winston-Salem skyline.

Back to the topic of the post, I think it's great that the NY times believes there is enough here in our city to keep their readers occupied for 3 days. This speaks very well for our city and the strides we have made in recent years. Imagine what we'll be like if we keep the momentum going!

:yahoo:

My sentiments exactly. Regardless of any puns the building may receive, the Wachovia building is a gorgeous part of the Winston-Salem skyline.

Back to the topic of the post, I think it's great that the NY times believes there is enough here in our city to keep their readers occupied for 3 days. This speaks very well for our city and the strides we have made in recent years. Imagine what we'll be like if we keep the momentum going!

:yahoo:

The article actually was the 14th most emailed article of the day from the Times website which is probably the most trafficked newspaper website in the US and one of the most popular news-sites on the internet.

Archived