Nordstrom Grand Rapids

GRDadof3

Interesting day today. Found out that Nordstrom will be opening a store in 2007 in Grand Rapids. Don't know where. You slueths need to figure out where. We were racking our brains trying to figure it out!

1. Is a store closing at Rivertown?

2. Are they going to add onto Woodland? New ownership there, maybe the mood has changed?

3. The Walker Village project?

4. The Mystery Project (no way they'll make 2007).

These guys don't f**k around. Serious money out of Detroit, so I believe them.

Work it! :ph34r:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would some locations be know 3 years in advance and the one here just a year? I guess the point would be that if they take 3 years to plan, build and open a store, then what's the rush in knowing? Maybe they don't know the exact location yet, either. They just did the demographics and marketing research and decided to put one in the area. If retail is that cutthroat to keep it a secret here, then Why Not Novi, Clinton Twp. or the others mentioned on their website?

OK, fine.... I'll just use the live chat on their website and see if they know. BRB.

hehehe,

Don't you think there's a good chance they would look at the project going into walker Anchored by Cabellas? Or would Cabellas not want that competition? Or maybe they are going to EGR, Kinda like Jacobsons except There probabally isn't any room for them anymore.

who knows either way that's cool

hehehe,

Don't you think there's a good chance they would look at the project going into walker Anchored by Cabellas? Or would Cabellas not want that competition? Or maybe they are going to EGR, Kinda like Jacobsons except There probabally isn't any room for them anymore.

who knows either way that's cool

I'm totally thinking Walker MJLO. Nordstrom Managers in Troy are being asked to transfer, but you didn't hear that from me :whistling:

Follows is the online chat screen with a Nordstrom cust. serv.rep. Just finished the convo. Her second to last statement could be a hint.

We've received your message - a customer service representative will be with you shortly.

All of our customer service representatives are currently busy. We should be with you very soon.

Thanks for your patience. We'll be with you in just a moment.

The next available customer service representative will be with you in a moment.

All of our customer service representatives are currently busy. We should be with you very soon.

Thanks for your patience. We'll be with you in just a moment.

The next available customer service representative will be with you in a moment.

You have been connected to Brenda S.

Brenda S: I see your question: Do you know of any new stores planned for Grand Rapids Michigan area?

Brenda S: Hello and welcome to Nordstrom, Tringr! I can check for you, just one moment, please.

tringr: Thanks.

Brenda S: I see that we have a Nordstrom Rack in Grand Rapids, MI, but I do not see that we have a store scheduled to open in the near future. We do have one opening in Novi, MI in the fall of 2007.

tringr: I see.

Brenda S: I am sorry there is not one yet, it is wonderful to have customers interested in our stores. Of course, hopefully we will have a new store opening in Grand Rapids, sooner rather than later.

tringr: Thanks again and have a nice evening.

Brenda S: Thank you for checking with us, have a nice evening to you.

Interesting day today. Found out that Nordstrom will be opening a store in 2007 in Grand Rapids. Don't know where. You slueths need to figure out where. We were racking our brains trying to figure it out!

1. Is a store closing at Rivertown?

2. Are they going to add onto Woodland? New ownership there, maybe the mood has changed?

3. The Walker Village project?

4. The Mystery Project (no way they'll make 2007).

These guys don't f**k around. Serious money out of Detroit, so I believe them.

Work it! :ph34r:

1. Rivertown: maybe the sporting goods store that has already flipped once is going to go out and Nordstrom take over the space? Perfect anchor location.

2. Woodland: M Fields is now Macys - maybe Macys is going to either let one of their MF locations go or allow another strong anchor in the mall.

3. Walker Village - maybe. Somehow in my mind WV is going to be just one long strip mall. I hope not though.

4. Has Nordstrom ever done a stand-alone??

I'm a sucker for Nordstrom too, love the place. It would be nice to have one closer. I'm glad to hear that there will be a location in Novi soon - that's at least closer than Troy.

Trixie

1. Rivertown: maybe the sporting goods store that has already flipped once is going to go out and Nordstrom take over the space? Perfect anchor location.

2. Woodland: M Fields is now Macys - maybe Macys is going to either let one of their MF locations go or allow another strong anchor in the mall.

3. Walker Village - maybe. Somehow in my mind WV is going to be just one long strip mall. I hope not though.

4. Has Nordstrom ever done a stand-alone??

I'm a sucker for Nordstrom too, love the place. It would be nice to have one closer. I'm glad to hear that there will be a location in Novi soon - that's at least closer than Troy.

Trixie

I talked to some people at Nordstroms Rack awhile ago. They said ours was the best selling N'Rack in the middle markets, but they still lacked a lot of new volume because the Nordstrum Racks in the big big cities still got all of the Merchandise. Looks like they've found a home with the west michigan bargin hunter, however we've shown we don't like to support high-end retail. (Rogers, Jacobson's.)

Seems like Nordstrom would fit well at the "lifestyle center" being planned on Beltline if that project ever gets the go-ahead. The floor plans there call for at least one smaller department store -- perfect for a middle-market Nordstrom if they really want an additional presence here.

:DMy little sleuths....I actually already answered this question somewhere in another thread, a couple of weeks ago. Can you find it? First one, gets a cookie:) I'm thinking of the #'s: 1810. Hmmmmm.....

God speed!

The GR Auto Parts site? Now I never would have guessed that. Their site plan doesn't show anything like that. Let's hope it's true, because the site plans I saw were uggggly!

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...2&hl=auto+parts

Don't you think there's a good chance they would look at the project going into walker Anchored by Cabellas? Or would Cabellas not want that competition? ...

Um...Cabela's appeals to an entirely different demographic.

I think of the Nordstrom's customer as the genre my sibs and I referred to as "Lady Birmingham" when we were growing up in Beverly Hills. (Yes, there is one in Michigan.)

Although, if ya consider N's fur coat department, there's a similar viewpoint of sorts.

Nordstrom's is doing a lot of Lifestyle Centers lately. The Beltline would be the perfect demographic, squeezed between Ada/Cascade and EGR.

I have someone checking into this that works closely with Nordstrom's. In fact, when I called them they were at Nordstrom's at the time. Hopefully I'll get the inside scoop.

Joe

I think the East beltline is almost perfect for a Nordstrom, in one of those lifestyle centers. Can anyone tell me if they have broken ground on any of those places in NIMBY cough cough, I mean GR twp?

The "Village" at 3 Mile/Beltline has been approved by Grand Rapids Township apparently. I don't think any of their anchor footprints are large enough for a Nordstrom. Unless Nordstrom has a specialty retail store like Sak's Parisian chain? (not Nordstrom Rack).

Archived