The Myrtle Beach Pavilion is closing?!?!?!

krazeeboi

Looks as though the Pavillion won't be entirely dead afterall. They are planning a "Pavillion Nostalgia Park" at Broadway next to the Carmike Cinemas.

A map and a list of rides can be found in this article.

If nothing else, this is at least a relief that they will be keeping some of the rides in town, even though they arent the big ones.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks as though the Pavillion won't be entirely dead afterall. They are planning a "Pavillion Nostalgia Park" at Broadway next to the Carmike Cinemas.

A map and a list of rides can be found in this article.

If nothing else, this is at least a relief that they will be keeping some of the rides in town, even though they arent the big ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this VIDEO CLIP is like the final nail in the coffin.....

Watching the Hurricane coaster topple over like that is very sad to me. I suppose to Burroughs & Chapin it was just business.

But to those who care about such things like myself, it was so much more. When the beach crowds return this summer, they will find the spot where the Pavilion once stood bare and lifeless. Only then will the full effect of this loss finally be felt. Whatever is built on that site can never measure up to what it replaced. Never!

march23_07_topple.jpg

• 3 months later...

Wow, that is a truly sad sight to behold. I'm relieved, however, that they're going to have a Nostalgia Park. I agree dig, it was pretty inconsiderate to kick us in the gut with the closing and not tell us that some of the historical rides and attractions from the park would be taken to Broadway. This will definitely make Broadway more appealing and lure more tourists.

Archived