Pawtucket Wikipedia Page

Greeting and thanks, Cotuit, for linking out to my story on the Tidewater Plan.

I am frymasterspeck aka The Real Speck. Besides The Bucket Blog, I also have been working on building out the Pawtucket Wikipedia page into something more than just a shell.

Specifically, my hope is that it can become a mini-wiki of its own that we can spin off into a municipal wiki. The City's site is a complete embarassment and hardly delivers any useful information. I hope to have an article on the Tidewater Plan sometime next week.

As with anything like this, it's way too big for one person. "It takes a village." Help me out.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you followed the link over. I'm sure there's some here who would help with the Wikipedia page.

The City's site is a complete embarassment and hardly delivers any useful information.

Holy understatement! :lol:

If you want to cross post the details on the the Tidewater plan here, people are certainly eager to discuss. I was going to create a post, but I don't have all the details on it. Feel free to link back to the wiki.

Recchia,

It really could use anything of any kind of use. What does somebody need to know about The Bucket?

For example, I'd love to have a listing of all the community groups. Even though hardly any have a website, each could make a page (article, they're called in the wikipedia) about themselves. Members of the different ethnic social/community orgs would handle the content. That project would require lots of looking up in the phone book, etc.

My next project is to add an Economy and Redevelopment section with separate articles on the Tidewater thingee, the Train Station, etc. Eventually, The City will get behind the idea and give us plat/lot maps, deeper levels of contact information, yadda, yadda, yadda.

An expanded version of your dining and nightlife rundown would probably be good.

Definitely. And as a self-proclaimed food connossieur, I'd love to rate different places I go to.

I don't know too much about community groups here, as I just moved here two months ago.

I'm afraid that the list within city limits will be mighty short. Do you know of anything above mediocre, other than the madhouse? el paisa is in CF...

Modern Diner, my friend.

I mean come on. :P

Also, as noted, counting "within city limits" adds The Garden Grille and Barney's, and shortly, LJ's Bbq.

Toti's pizza and the Central Ave Bakery on Central are my favorite places. The bakery has amazing Portuguese pastries, bread, and groceries, and Toti's has amazing bbq chicken calzones. Wait til I venture more out of Darlington, I'll find some other good places.

Just got the first of the images of the Waterfront plan up on a user-subpage in wikipedia. This image shows the view from the State Pier up the river. The proposed pedestrian bridge is in front with the Division St. bridge behind. There was some discussion at this meeting about moving the ped bridge farther upstream to keep the view of the D St. bridge completely open.

The guys from GLA seemed very open to suggestions. Wil Gates and Randy Collins are who to contact.

Archived