I-69

Bears

Houses on President's Island? Have you ever been there?

I read a story a long time ago about the population of Presidents Island :shok:

Its 1 LOL. Theres some guy that lives in a trailer that doubles as a resturant. No way I'd live there.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question: What's the deal with I-22 and U.S. 78? I know 78 is the future I-22 corridor, but it's not interstate grade.

To clear any speculation, I'd never live on presidents' island as it stands now. But, if you took everything off of it, it would be like mud island (though, now I understand it is crazy flood prone). For those who do not know, mud island was an airport for years (e.g., why can't a lucite plant be homes?).

As far as I-22, there are two big hurdles. One is Memphis and the other is Birmingham. Those happen to be the biggest two hurdles. Neither city will connect to I-22 in the immediate future. I know that Memphis has far bigger interstate projects going for it.

As far as I-22, there are two big hurdles. One is Memphis and the other is Birmingham. Those happen to be the biggest two hurdles. Neither city will connect to I-22 in the immediate future. I know that Memphis has far bigger interstate projects going for it.

I-22 will connect with I-65 north of Birmingham.

It will connect with I-269 in DeSoto County and then to I-55/I-69.

To clear any speculation, I'd never live on presidents' island as it stands now. But, if you took everything off of it, it would be like mud island (though, now I understand it is crazy flood prone). For those who do not know, mud island was an airport for years (e.g., why can't a lucite plant be homes?).

I thought the upgrades were under way in Alabama. 22 will end at 269 in MS, and I don't think there are plans for it to enter into Memphis, so I wouldn't think that Memphis would be any hurdle at all. It's primarily a Mississippi and Alabama project, so regardless of what TDOT's other priorities are (69, 269, Hernando Desoto bridge, interchanges, etc), it can get completed according to current plans regardless. My understanding is 22 terminates at metro Memphis.

Archived