The Floridian

Florida

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm, I wonder why the secrecy. Seems like they should prefer to use this time for the publicity rather than shield the project from information sharing.

agreed, are they afraid its gonna suck?

agreed, are they afraid its gonna suck?

Ooohh if only what I hear is true, but remember this is word of mouth so take it with a grain of salt. I hear that it's a beautiful European design that's rather unusual for Tallahassee (which probably explains why the renderings haven't been revealed). There maybe some fine tuning to fit more into a Tallahassee theme - which I why I feel so uneasy about the project. I love the Tennyson and the Adams Street design, but I'm not a major fan of most of those historic structures on Monroe Street. I prefer to see some taller buildings that are more contemporary and agressive (glass and steel) and I'm totally opposed to height restrictions.

Back to the Floridian - I was told that the building height could be from six to nine stories, which a find somewhat disappointing. But I'll sure take 6 to 9 stories over what was there before and if that is all the market supports, then so be it.

One would have to think that Booth knows of the development across the street and the name of that project, right? I was thinking that it might be possible that they do not know that there is another similarly named project (based on historical precedent) already planned to be so close.

Is that possible?

dang. I was hoping for another high rise.... comon tally.... o and i must take back what i said earlier about tallahassee not growing, because i searced UP.com and most other cities arent getting very many projects going right now... we are lucky.

One would have to think that Booth knows of the development across the street and the name of that project, right? I was thinking that it might be possible that they do not know that there is another similarly named project (based on historical precedent) already planned to be so close.

Is that possible?

See post #20 of this thread for their excuse......sorry I meant their reason.

Is that possible?

I don't know. You'd have to have your head burried in the sand to not know about the Floridan Block development. The Democrat and the City made a pretty big deal about this project.

• 1 year later...

Archived