Where will you be when the announcement is made?

mgreven

As this Project X stuff seems to get closer to reality, do you ever start to think how we'll hear about it? I was away from all media all day and when I got in the car WOOD 1300 was talking about it and I thought, did I miss it? (No, I didn't)

Who will break this thing first, us? TV? The Press?

How will we react and will it be so big we'll always remember where we were when we first heard of it?

You can't help but get excited...even every day or so my wife asks, "Anything new?"

Ah, maybe soon! :D:D

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As this Project X stuff seems to get closer to reality, do you ever start to think how we'll hear about it? I was away from all media all day and when I got in the car WOOD 1300 was talking about it and I thought, did I miss it? (No, I didn't)

Who will break this thing first, us? TV? The Press?

How will we react and will it be so big we'll always remember where we were when we first heard of it?

You can't help but get excited...even every day or so my wife asks, "Anything new?"

Ah, maybe soon! :D:D

Most of my co-workers are sick of talking about it. I'll say "well I heard....." and they all go "Oh shut up!". "Just tell us what it is already!" :rofl:

I'm thinking it will be a carefully-timed press conference so that WOODTV and Grubb & Ellis can make a massive impact on the community (If I were a bettin man). We may even see some other dignitaries there (Gov, Heartwell and Birgit maybe). Hmmm, they may even ask Mayor Heartwell to announce it.

Twoshort, we made news when Wood TV referenced us as discussing, that is refered to as making news...

I guess I see a difference between 'making the news' and 'making news'. I'm probably nuts. :wacko:

Edit: I should clarify, Some people "Make it on the news" by being bystanders to a fire. Other people "make news" by developing 30 acres downtown. I feel like UP is the former.

WOODTV has the story and is sitting on it.

They're such good local citizens.

:thumbsup:

If Grubb & Ellis{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}Paramount gives TV8 any kind of "exclusive" on THE announcement, they will be burning their future relationships with dozens of other media outlets in Grand Rapids.

If there is a news conference, it had better be open to all local media.

(Let's send Jeff) :whistling:

It will probably be announced on Wednesday, so I wont know about it for a whole week. I'm gonna hafta find a computer when I am away, otherwise it'll drive me bonkers.

Where will you be Torgo? :) Almost every hotel in the country has a business center with internet access :thumbsup:

Where will you be Torgo? :) Almost every hotel in the country has a business center with internet access :thumbsup:

I will be in Colorado staying with my brother-in-law. I cant remember if he has internet access or not. I sure hope he does.

If Grubb & Ellis{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}Paramount gives TV8 any kind of "exclusive" on THE announcement, they will be burning their future relationships with dozens of other media outlets in Grand Rapids.

If there is a news conference, it had better be open to all local media.

(Let's send Jeff) :whistling:

G & E aren't about to give an exclusive to anyone. They wish WOOD would simply go away for a while.

WOOD actually did some investigative reporting on it....and figured it out.

Archived