Where will you be when the announcement is made?

mgreven

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this project has anything to do with MSU or Renewable Energy, I think it will be next Friday, St. Patrick's Day, to play off the "Green" them :lol:

That is the second Friday guess. I am guessing that they will play to the "news cycle". If they are going to announce proactively before the city commission publicly discusses their RFP, then I think they will announce early in the morning to take advantage of all forms of media. Newspapers would appear to be behind on this, but they do better with time to write in-depth articles. If they really want to do be noticed, I believe earlier in the week is better than the end. Maybe it depends on other things happening in the national news, if this is worthy of that.

G & E aren't about to give an exclusive to anyone. They wish WOOD would simply go away for a while.

WOOD actually did some investigative reporting on it....and figured it out.

:lol: Before we hand them the Edward R Murrow Award, there wouldn't even be a media story about this development if it hadn't been for Daniel Schoonmaker's investigative reporting and his story in the Business Journal. He works for a WEEKLY publication and still beat them to the story. He probably had to have his story in to the editor the Friday or Saturday before it came out on Sunday evening. WOODTV picked it up on the following Tuesday. Just to keep the record straight.

And no Prankster, I'm laying off the sauce for a while. :P

:lol: Before we hand them the Edward R Murrow Award, there wouldn't even be a media story about this development if it hadn't been for Daniel Schoonmaker's investigative reporting and his story in the Business Journal. He works for a WEEKLY publication and still beat them to the story. He probably had to have his story in to the editor the Friday or Saturday before it came out on Sunday evening. WOODTV picked it up on the following Tuesday. Just to keep the record straight.

And no Prankster, I'm laying off the sauce for a while. :P

I wasn't talking about who "broke" the story of a "mystery development".

I was talking about the fact that WOODTV has successfully cracked the case since the story came out and they've agreed to delay disclosure.

Whether that's admirable or not is an interesting question, don't you think?

Sure, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while :whistling:

BTW, I wonder if the wonder slueths at WOODTV have questioned the Amway gang about their property at Market & Fulton yet? :mellow:

edit: Now they will after they've read this thread for tomorrow's story line :rofl:

Nice downtown project list you hacks!

Anne Schieber never answered my email. She could have responded with a short email saying, "nope." Where's the reporting in that? Didn't know she was WZZM.

A long time ago, (1995 I think), Ann Scheiber (I recognized her from TV) came to a bookstore I was at. She asked the clerk if they knew about a book of recipes for chicken soup. Real popular, she says, making big news. Nope, said the clerk.. The department manager deduced that she meant CHicken Soup for The Soul.

I'm not sure that most journalists in print or electronic media can really bring it home.

This announcement of Project X will not be controlled by the media in any way, shape or form. They will be hanging on for the ride. Just like they are now.

Just to add-- the developer has a stipulation in the aggreement to pay $20,000 to London each day the sell option isn't signed. Somethings going on, someone has a lot of money to blow right now.

Is there an Atlanta Subforum? maybe some people here need to ask if someone in ATL has a lot of cash to blow. :ph34r:

Archived