Where will you be when the announcement is made?

mgreven

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snoog, I mean closer to home in relation to Atlanta... Chitown is closer to GR then Atlanta. Does Illinois have a great tax structure? Incorporating in Illinois or Delaware?

I dont know about Illinois' tax codes, but I do know Delaware has some of the best business tax exemptions in the nation.

I was going to incorporate in Delaware, but seeing how I am a proud Michigander... you know the rest.

Wed, 10:30am.. BE THERE! BE THEREEEE!

Is there something significant about this time, or is this just your guess on when one of the multitude of announcements is going to be made? :whistling:

Hecks na... I just envisioned it in a two hour cat nap. I got 150 riding on this thing, they better say something. Press release, mouth to a microphone, don't care but the GRBJ, WoodTV, and thoes "sources" better deliver... Need my fix.

When do you think they will reveal this "project x" is it soon? I hope so...

Mark London's option was for 15 days, I believe. About 7 days are up. Apparently, the developer can pay a daily fee to keep the option alive. I think somebody said here 10k-20k per day. Hard to imagine, I know. But, if they don't exercise the option, then the developers walk away from the 100k deposit. So.... with that in mind, one would assume they had an end game in sight. My understanding is that they need to help Custer find a new home and maybe even find a home for a bus garage.

We do't know how much the media stories (unwanted leak or planned?), have forced them to go forward more quickly. But, the city was starting to initiate the RFP process, I believe just before this forum got wind of it. Indeed, the RFP process could have been the trigger. It's hard to remember all of the facts vs. speculation.

Having been secret for a year or longer, I believe this project has legs and an announcement should be forthcoming this month as the Shurlow has said. The developers must have a couple million into this thing in buying options, attorney fees, realtor fees, plus their own time.

Therefore, I predict the announcement will be Tuesday, March 21, or Wednesday March 22. Between 10 am and 1 pm.

Therefore, I predict the announcement will be Tuesday, March 21, or Wednesday March 22. Between 10 am and 1 pm.

No, please no, not another week :( I don't know if we can all handle the waiting any longer! One thing I have noticed, however, is that since the London deal "leak" there has been no other media speculation. Maybe they were promised an announcement if they just kept it quiet for a little longer.

I'll be sitting with the Emperor admiring his new clothes . . .

:lol:

Sounds like you have a healthy dose of scepticism. I'll agree that if this isn't announced by the end of the month, then the chances of good things happening may be diminishing. As per an earlier post of mine; depending on the type of project, they may be silent until the RFP's are submitted and discussed by the city commission in public meetings. Just to keep exposure to competition down. But, that would most likely be the case in a mixed use/retail/residential/entertainment scenario. A unique company or use would have the option of being more open.

Consider this quote from a WoodTV 8 article

"If it's a ten-step process, they said, they are in the third step."

It might be longer than we think?

Step 1: Create plan

Step 2: Find Location

Step 3: Aquire property

Step 4-9: .....

Step 10: Profit!

Archived