Where will you be when the announcement is made?

mgreven

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it extremely interesting that woodtv.com has on their home page information about the "Mystery Development" in a very prominent spot, even though we have not heard any more real news in over a week. It makes me wonder if they want to keep the topic in front of everyone so when the news is released they can be right there. Now I'm afraid it won't be announced until next week, when I will be out of town. Then when I get back there will be so much on UP, I will have to spend hours trying to catch up. :blink:

I find it extremely interesting that woodtv.com has on their home page information about the "Mystery Development" in a very prominent spot, even though we have not heard any more real news in over a week. It makes me wonder if they want to keep the topic in front of everyone so when the news is released they can be right there. Now I'm afraid it won't be announced until next week, when I will be out of town. Then when I get back there will be so much on UP, I will have to spend hours trying to catch up. :blink:

Hahaha.. I was out of town for a week last week... :blink: I didn't even TRY to catch up on everything, only the topics I care about, the rest just fell off the main page, if they pop back up I'll read em then :good:

Does anyone think that the NIMBY's might start coming out when project x is announced? Say if something like significant hieght is mentioned? I have a creepy feeling that they might come out in force to have this thing made to their liking, or not at all. Down with NIMBYism!

The beauty of that area is there are very few legitimate Nimbys since the nearest residential is quite far away. The Black Hills area has a difficult case to make for being "in the neighborhood."

Virtually all other potential detractors are getting bought out or are at least on board.

NIMBYs shouldn't be a huge problem like Coleco said, because theres nothing residential in the area thats true, but #2 its mostly warehouses in the area. Anything that gets rid of ugly warehouses usually doesn't face NIMBY opposition. The only real opposition might be across the river, but there isnt much there to worry about either.

I will sadly be working, but I hope to find a pc to peek in at 3.

btw there are 79 people on the fourm right now. I wonder how high that number will go by 3? :)

Down to zero at 3 when they all bomb News 8's site for the live feed. At 3:15, however, everyone will have switched over here. :thumbsup:

Archived