Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HKG

Big development on 4th and Union

Check out the Memphis Daily News for this article. It describes a development on Fourth Street between Union and Danny Thomas. Here's an excerpt:

----

Memphis' Downtown area could be getting a new front door if a Park City, Utah, and San Francisco-based development company has its way.

Cascade Development Partners LLC has four parcels of land under contract east of Fourth Street between Union and Gayoso avenues.

The firm, which consists of principals Steve Aste, Robert Kendrick, Todd Ellsworth and Mel Heath, is planning on building an approximately 300-unit condominium development with retail space on the ground level.

"I think the properties stretching from the Greyhound bus station on the south side of Union to Danny Thomas represent a very dynamic growth area," said Jeff Sanford, president of the Center City Commission. "We have many developers interested in projects along that stretch of Union."

----

This, my friends will be huge for downtown infill.

Cool...

If Looney Ricks Kiss is involved, it must be pretty big.

Do 300 units warrant a tower, or will it be the same height as the Echelon?

Time for the Greyhound station to go though.

That's great.

The article says 5 acres, so I imagine it won't be a highrise. Also, I notice it mentions a grocery store--about time for that.

Time for the Greyhound station to go though.

The architects just began their drawings for a new terminal out by the airport. Tom Fox assured me that it'll be a nice facility.

I was hoping our new tallest (apartment w/ retail) would go there :cry: Oh well. Height isn't as important as street level anyway and if a tall building gets built it won't help the redbirds attendence. Somebody has to start building apartments east of Danny Thomas into the Edge though because the Edisons and that orange building need to step up their game from what I hear. I love that "underground" parking though. Its actually a huge balcony covering the parking lot with a putting green and small shop on top. Great location too!!!

Link to the story: http://www.memphisdailynews.com/Editorial/....aspx?&id=92051

and aerial of the location

http://maps.google.com/?ll=35.139809,-90.0...16,0.004742&t=k

It's a really great location.

Amos Maki wrote an update piece in the June 23rd Commercial Appeal about Cascade Development Group's plans to develop the area across from AutoZone Park.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/busine...4795072,00.html

The article cites a website for Cascade Development, which has an initial description of the project and a picture.

This will make for a very nice addition to downtown Memphis. The blocks just east of Autozone Park are ripe for development, so maybe this infill will spark some developments east of the CBD towards the Danny Thomas.

I was really glad to hear about this project this will really give downtown a true gateway. I went to the developers website pretty good picture would have like to seen the water features though. I also noticed the article mentioned a grocery store I would really like to see a Publix enter the Memphis market or Maybe a food lion or Whole foods. :yahoo: