CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Simpsonville Cotton Mill

cottonmill

I am really surprised to see that there is virtually no discussion in here regarding the former Woodside Mill in Simpsonville. Site is being developed in 3 phase. Phase one consist of 26 condos of which 22 are sold. Phase 2 will start in a couple of months and have 34 units including 5 owner design units. Site is 12. 5 acres. When completed it will be made up of approximately 77 interior units, 17 single family home, 5 commercial out parcels, 3 interior commercial condos, a museum, Boiler house restuarant, and multi-use facility housed in the cotton mill warehouse. An exciting project. Check it out at www.cottonmillplace.com

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As gsupstate pointed out, there is another thread with photos that he's taken which can be used/merged here. I had completely forgotten about it, but now that I see it again, that's where I had heard of this project previously. :lol:

"The mind is a terrible thing. ... No, not to waste...it's just a terrible thing."

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

One of the things that makes Cotton Mill one of the more promising textile mill conversions is its location. (That's not to say others haven't been successful, but this one may be exceptional.) There are not that many textile mills that are located near a downtown, or at least a potentially functional downtown. This bodes well for being able to successfully provide mixed uses.

Most renovated textile mills become almost entirely residential, as any non-residential component typically needs to be supported by external population. This is tough to accomplish with most textile mills being surrounded by little more than old mill villages.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Check out several new photos on the web. Also if you search Cotton Mill Place on Flikr, large volume of shots. Last weekend a Juried Art Show was held with more than 30 artist in attendance. The goal is to use this as a platform to raise awareness of Hope Academy and Simpsonville for the Arts.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived