Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RestedTraveler

What Events would you like to see Greenville Host?

All things being equal and considering for just a brief moment that there are no limitations preventing Greenville from hosting events (of any kind), what events would you like to see Greenville host and how frequently?

I always thought it would be an interesting idea to pull off a German Volksmarch in Greenville. Given the significant amount of European companies located in the area, I would think it would be easy enough to get sponsors for.

My idea is a European tradition too. A Kristkindlmarkt every December downtown Greenville, with the brown wooden booths all decorated in fresh holiday greenery, serving Gluhwein and selling handmade goods. The one in Munchen (Munich), BMW's home, is huge. Think they would sponsor the one in Greenville?

http://germany.allinfoabout.com/features/g...as_markets.html

Here are photo's from one I went to in Wien (Vienna) Austria.

CIMG1552.jpg

CIMG1600.jpg

CIMG1602.jpg

My idea is a European tradition too. A Kristkindlmarkt every December downtown Greenville, with the brown wooden booths all decorated in fresh holiday greenery, serving Gluhwein and selling handmade goods. The one in Munchen (Munich), BMW's home, is huge. Think they would sponsor the one in Greenville?

http://germany.allinfoabout.com/features/g...as_markets.html

Here are photo's from one I went to in Wien (Vienna) Austria.

CIMG1552.jpg

CIMG1600.jpg

CIMG1602.jpg

Well, I'd love the NCAA tournament to come back to town. Those were some of the more exciting four days or so in Greenville that I remember, probably the most national exposure to the widest audience as well. Main Street was really electric the Friday evening of the tournament.

Ok, my ideas,

-I would love to see The Drive Field used for some outdoor concerts.

-I'am working on having a Hot Dog Eating contest at Fall for Greenville sponsered by Dogs on Wheels.

-I would love to see another food festival but more ethnic theme. Kind of like a mini Epcot. Foods around the world.

-Dog show in Falls Park. Not the show dogs but the agility shows. Performance type dog show.

I know these are just random things and not specific events but I think they would be fun.

Ok, my ideas,

-I would love to see another food festival but more ethnic theme. Kind of like a mini Epcot. Foods around the world.

I know these are just random things and not specific events but I think they would be fun.

Ok, my ideas,

-I would love to see The Drive Field used for some outdoor concerts.

-I'am working on having a Hot Dog Eating contest at Fall for Greenville sponsered by Dogs on Wheels.

-Dog show in Falls Park. Not the show dogs but the agility shows. Performance type dog show.

I would love to see a beer festival, something along the lines of Brewer's Jam in Knoxville TN. We already have a Wine Festival it would be nice to see the other as well.

I would love to see a beer festival, something along the lines of Brewer's Jam in Knoxville TN. We already have a Wine Festival it would be nice to see the other as well.

Greenville needs a big Main Street closing size Oktoberfest....complete with lederhosen, frauleins and all the beer one can consume! :lol: Sprechen zie deutsche?

Great idea! With all the Germans here in the upstate, a HUGE Oktoberfest would be great. No better way to celebrate beer! :lol: