TUNICA

northernbizzkit1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Competition is good for the airlines, whether they like it or not. It is surely a good thing for the consumer.

Excess capacity--which is what the industry suffers from now in the US--is terrible for the airlines. That's why they're all broke or barely solvent.

I wish I felt better about their fleet. Their 727s are positively geriatric. I hope it works out for them.

From what I've read, those old Boeing planes are built like tanks though. :lol:

And maintenance has to be up to FAA specs.

I'm going to ATL just so I can fly on PanAm - what a cool thing if that's who comes to Tunica! Just think about this too... I bet airport parking is MUCH cheaper in Tunica than at MEM.

On the Mississippi board, it said that fares were $55 one way in coach.

From what I've read, those old Boeing planes are built like tanks though. :lol:

Yep...we have about 110 of them at FedEx. The engineers tell me they're built way, way better than the newer Airbuses.

And maintenance has to be up to FAA specs.

One would hope so....

I've flown on that route so many times I actually remember the flying times they announce: 53 minutes MEM-ATL (tailwind), 57 minutes ATL-MEM (headwind).

This is how long flights have been for me between Atlanta and Memphis as well. Its a very short flight, it seems you just get into the air and settled in when you are alerted you are about to land. Not that the short flight time bothers me any, its much better than the flight time to get across the Atlantic to or from Holland or Germany ;).

Archived