Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RestedTraveler

CONSTRUCTION THREAD: CU-ICAR: Timken

Any recent photos to add? I have been by the site on I-85 and it appears that the Timken building is nearly "dryed in."

Wanted to let you all know that we finally started the brick work on timken. Its the nasty black mortar with the dark brick. The brick are 3 and 5/8" high by 7 and 5/8" long. The very back wall is getting done first so maybe ill bring my camera up there and snap a few shots next time i work over there. Right now we are trying to get the large fountain done at RiverPlace by july 4th or else harper might loose its bid on the Camperdown building.

Right now we are trying to get the large fountain done at RiverPlace by july 4th or else harper might loose its bid on the Camperdown building.

Does that mean work will start on the Camperdown building after July 4th?

Sounds to me as if there's just a deadline to meet for the fountain to be finished by the Fourth of July otherwise there are some consequences. Damn the man! :rofl:

well i would imagine that the city would like the fountain done before the July Fourth fireworks and such and also before the hotel opens, which is supposed to be around July 15....makes since to me

Great update! Is anyone else up for taking out trees along 85 to maximize visibility. We could have a UP meet up and bring chain saws... :lol: There is some awesome architecture going in at this place and it really deserves to be showcased... :(

Great update! Is anyone else up for taking out trees along 85 to maximize visibility. We could have a UP meet up and bring chain saws... :lol: There is some awesome architecture going in at this place and it really deserves to be showcased... :(

I'm all for it as long as the trees that are taken out are replaced with some low-mature-height trees. :thumbsup:

Are they planning on making a lot of this visible from I-85, or will the CU-ICAR campus stay mostly like it is?

One thing I like about Michelin is that it is very visible from I-85.

You noticed a web cam from I-85? Dude, keep your eyes on the road, man! :shok:

:P Seriously, this web cam appears to be perched on the I-85 end of the BMW IT Building.

There's a really good view of the ICAR buildings from the 17th hole at Verdae Greens and when your on the first tee you can see the top of the Timken building to the left and 4 cranes straight down the fairway.