Planning Commission

GMoxley

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being on a planning commission would be interesting. You will deal with all sorts of problems and issues. Sometimes it can get heated, and there are occasionaly tough decisions to make. However, you will be a major part of the decision making process for Columbia. Its definately worth a shot if its something you think you could do. The application is not very complicated, and they don't seem to have any major requirements other than not being affilitated with conflicting organizations (like those that need funding). Any profession should be welcome on the board. Perhaps more reguar citizens should step up.

I can see me telling my boss I need time off every week to go to planning commission meetings. This is another reason I've never run for city council. It is hard to become an elected official unless you have money already and don't need to work, you're self employed or you work in a very flexible profession.

Archived