Louisiana Boardwalk

Actually I believe Metlife's post was taken out of context, guys. Bass Pro isn't expanding, but rather the Boardwalk could be. The only expansions to Bass Pro would be the hotel and marina which have been planned all along. The post was actually about the Boardwalk purchasing more land to the north of Bass Pro, along what's known as Cane's Landing, for the purpose of future expansion of the entire Boardwalk property, not any particular tenant.

Just clarifying for you guys.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I keep forgetting to tell you Brian, your info and such about the Boardwalk has been mentioned over on the Little Rock forum. There are some guys who have seen and heard of the Boardwalk and were wanting something like that for Little Rock as well. Although I mentioned that I wasn't sure it was doing too well down there.

Oh, the Louisiana Boardwalk if doing fantastic up in the SBC area, and I can tell you that from down here in New Orleans.

Yeah I was pretty sure I had remembered Brian mentioning that. But still as a general model I think a number of people in Little Rock would like to do something based on it.

The Louisiana Boardwalk is by far, the crown jewel of retail shopping/entertaiment in the Ark-La-Tex. It truly has changed the landscape of the downtown area and added the shopping dimension that was lacking on the Shreveport side of the river. I can't tell you how many times I've taken my relatives, in-laws, and friends from out of town there and they absolutely love it! It's definitely one of the places to be in the SBC.

I keep forgetting to tell you Brian, your info and such about the Boardwalk has been mentioned over on the Little Rock forum. There are some guys who have seen and heard of the Boardwalk and were wanting something like that for Little Rock as well. Although I mentioned that I wasn't sure it was doing too well down there.

Yeah I know. ;) Aporkalypse has been over here discussing it with me and I've seen where he's mentioned it on the L.R. forums. I'd LOVE to see something similar built in North Little Rock.. it wouold work wonders for their downtown.

The Louisiana Boardwalk is by far, the crown jewel of retail shopping/entertaiment in the Ark-La-Tex. It truly has changed the landscape of the downtown area and added the shopping dimension that was lacking on the Shreveport side of the river. I can't tell you how many times I've taken my relatives, in-laws, and friends from out of town there and they absolutely love it! It's definitely one of the places to be in the SBC.

Same here! Relatives, in-laws, friends, etc... anyone from out of town, I'll gladly take to the Boardwalk. It's always blown people away. The real kicker, however, is when they shoot off the fireworks during the holiday season, and you watch it from the Boardwalk. We tool my father-in-law down there for that last November and he fell in love. And this is a man who lives in Chicagoland and has lived all over the USA... but he was blown away by our fireworks display and the Boardwalk. Amazing!

Louisiana Boardwalk welcomes Ray Tromba as its new general manager. Tromba recently left Louisiana Downs after 25 years in the horse racing industry, and wound up at Boardwalk.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...10318/1002/NEWS

Considering as how the one and only email I ever sent to their former manager, Tony Smith, was completely ignored, I'm glad to see this change in command. Look for great things from Tromba, as he's been a great asset to Louisiana Downs over the last few years.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if these have been posted before or not, but here are some awesome aerial photos from when the Boardwalk was under construction.

http://www.pbase.com/jgwyatt/boardwalk

Interesting, I'm assuming sense they are taken from numerous angles that they must have taken them from a helicoptor. Must be nice, I wish I could do something like that.

Interesting, I'm assuming sense they are taken from numerous angles that they must have taken them from a helicoptor. Must be nice, I wish I could do something like that.

Helicopter would be my guess. I'd say plane or helicopter, but it's harder to turn and get different angles in a tight area like that with a plane. You may recall my wife's photos from a plane a few months back. I wihs I could have done that as well!

What makes it easy to do things like this is the fact that the downtown airport is only 1-2 miles north of downtown, and there are tons of helicopter and airplane services there like personal charters, flight schools, companies that will take you up for photo tours, etc.

Helicopter would be my guess. I'd say plane or helicopter, but it's harder to turn and get different angles in a tight area like that with a plane. You may recall my wife's photos from a plane a few months back. I wihs I could have done that as well!

What makes it easy to do things like this is the fact that the downtown airport is only 1-2 miles north of downtown, and there are tons of helicopter and airplane services there like personal charters, flight schools, companies that will take you up for photo tours, etc.

I wonder how much something like that costs.

God knows...

My wife's flight was free, because the contractor took her up.

But to ferry a helicopter around downtown for a photo shoot or something like that, I'd bet is pretty expensive.

Yeah enough so that I'll probably never have to worry about it. For that matter I don't even know of anyone in my area that does anything like that.

Yeah enough so that I'll probably never have to worry about it. For that matter I don't even know of anyone in my area that does anything like that.

I think you'd be surprised. With the scenery there, I'd be REALLY surprised if somewhere within 45 miles of you there wasn't something like that.

By the way, when are you leaving? You'll have to refresh my memory! It's today, isn't it?

Have fun dude...

I think you'd be surprised. With the scenery there, I'd be REALLY surprised if somewhere within 45 miles of you there wasn't something like that.

By the way, when are you leaving? You'll have to refresh my memory! It's today, isn't it?

Have fun dude...

Actually around 4-4:30 am tomorrow morning. But I was mainly off work today to run errands and pack and such.

• 2 weeks later...

News from Louisiana Boardwalk...

According to The Times, the Boardwalk is undergoing some changes in the entertainment district area. The owner of King Pinz, Moe's, Parrot Beach, and Saddle Ridge has handed over ownership to someone else, and here are the changes which are supposed to take place:

Saddle Ridge - will remain a nightclub but will change its name to Side Kick

Moe's - will no longer be a bar and will change to Matballs, an Italian eatery

King Pinz - will become a family-oriented bowling alley and its name will become Ten Pinz

No information was given for Parrot Beach

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...NGNEWS/60926009

Also, upcoming new store and restaurant openings at the Boardwalk:

Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro - October 15

Wet Seal - October 29

K-B Toys - November 3

• 2 weeks later...

Joe's Crab Shack in LA Boardwalk (among 120 other locations) was sold by Landry's to a Connecticut-based investment company:

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...NGNEWS/61011009

I wonder what will become of the chain. I love Joe's Crab Shack and I'm very fond of Landry's. They also own Saltgrass Steakhouse, Rainforest Cafe, and many others.

FYI on the subject of the Boardwalk, Wet Seal was expected to open October 29 but they actually opened earlier this month. And when I was down there last weekend, Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro looked a way's off from opening... although their opening date is supposed to be this coming Sunday. I'm not sure about the interior of the building, but there's still construction fencing up around the building and the facade was still quite unfinished.

And when I was down there last weekend, Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro looked a way's off from opening... although their opening date is supposed to be this coming Sunday. I'm not sure about the interior of the building, but there's still construction fencing up around the building and the facade was still quite unfinished.

That's disappointing, I was planning on going this weekend. I wonder what the big hold up is. Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro was one of the original tenants announced before the Boardwalk opened, and they're going to be one of the final ones to open.

And when I was down there last weekend, Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro looked a way's off from opening... although their opening date is supposed to be this coming Sunday. I'm not sure about the interior of the building, but there's still construction fencing up around the building and the facade was still quite unfinished.

That's disappointing, I was planning on going this weekend. I wonder what the big hold up is. Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro was one of the original tenants announced before the Boardwalk opened, and they're going to be one of the final ones to open.

The interior may be nearly complete, and I know they're still trying to keep their targeted opening date... so maybe they'll just have a somewhat finished facade when they open. As long as they open on time, that will be great.

Al Copeland (owner) is from New Orleans and im sure that Katrina has made him divert alot of his money to rebuilding those restaurants first. Thats my guess

Also, has anyone heard about the open area on the side of the boardwalk that is closest to Horseshoe? I always heard they wanted to build a hotel, but that area in my mind just isnt big enough.

Archived