Louisiana Boardwalk

Al Copeland (owner) is from New Orleans and im sure that Katrina has made him divert alot of his money to rebuilding those restaurants first. Thats my guess

Also, has anyone heard about the open area on the side of the boardwalk that is closest to Horseshoe? I always heard they wanted to build a hotel, but that area in my mind just isnt big enough.

Good question. It's actually one of those small boutique hotels that take up very little room. It's been proposed as a Hilton Homewood Suites, to be exact. Those hotels are typically 3-6 floors (the Boardwalk hotel has been proposed at 6 floors) and the footprints typically take up the least amount of space possible, in order to squeeze them into heavy retail areas.

There is a site plan on the internet that I want to link to, but right now the server isn't responding and it's freezing up my computer when I try to access it. If it doesn't work out I'll search another area and see if I can find it to post.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here you go, I found a slightly different copy of the site plan showing the hotel footprint. I can't tell if it says the name of the hotel, but at the top of the plan, to the right of center, you can see the hotel footprint shown on the land that is now vacant. This will undoubtedly fill in the huge gap on the south end of the property, so I hope they build it soon.

Anyway, here is the plan...

http://www.osholdings.com/louisianna_boardwalk_siteplan.asp

Here you go, I found a slightly different copy of the site plan showing the hotel footprint. I can't tell if it says the name of the hotel, but at the top of the plan, to the right of center, you can see the hotel footprint shown on the land that is now vacant. This will undoubtedly fill in the huge gap on the south end of the property, so I hope they build it soon.

Anyway, here is the plan...

http://www.osholdings.com/louisianna_boardwalk_siteplan.asp

thanks!

well thats interesting, but where in the world would people park? In the parking garage? Surely not because who would want to park there and haul their luggage to the hotel.

thanks!

well thats interesting, but where in the world would people park? In the parking garage? Surely not because who would want to park there and haul their luggage to the hotel.

Hey man, no problem.

From what I've seen, I believe the parking for the hotel is that lot over near the carousel. I've parked there a few times, but I'm assuming once the hotel is built that the public will no longer be permitted to park there. Yeah, there's no way anyone would want to go between that hotel and the parking garage. I stayed at the Gaylord Texan resort in Dallas 2 weekends ago and it was a pretty good walk between the hotel and the parking garage, but even it wasn't THAT far.

Hey man, no problem.

From what I've seen, I believe the parking for the hotel is that lot over near the carousel. I've parked there a few times, but I'm assuming once the hotel is built that the public will no longer be permitted to park there. Yeah, there's no way anyone would want to go between that hotel and the parking garage. I stayed at the Gaylord Texan resort in Dallas 2 weekends ago and it was a pretty good walk between the hotel and the parking garage, but even it wasn't THAT far.

Man, the Gaylord Texan is my spot when I go to Dallas. I love that place!

• 3 weeks later...

About 2 months ago I stayed at the Embassy Suites Hotel there at the Bass Pro Shop in Grapevine. I must say it is a very nice hotel. It was done in a mission style. I loved it! It reminded me a lot of the Grand Californian at Disneyland. Next time I go to Dallas, that is where I will stay again. After staying there, I would definitely say the Bass Pro Shop needs a large hotel addition.

Looks like the Boardwalk Code of Conduct is under fire yet again.

The second letter down this page is yet another attack on the Code of Conduct set in place to keep shoppers safe.

What I find funny is that the female writer of this letter has decided to bash Hooters in order to make her point. Well, sister, point NOT taken. For starters, if someone decides to go into Hooters, it's his business. He has to make the conscious decision to enter that restaurant, and whatever happens inside that restaurant (normally a little beer drinking, sports watching, and wing eating) is his own decision. Hooters is NOT a strip club and is nothing more than a restaurant where the girls are wearing low-cut shirts and short shorts. To be honest, Hooters was risque when the chain first started 20 years ago, but if it were up to me, these days I'd have them serving food in lingerie. So believe me, if you think Hooters is bad, it could get worse, sister! Usually when young women (assuming the writer is a young woman) are this outspoken about such an establishment, there is a lot of jealousy that goes into that writing. Hooters doesn't offend me, nor do little thugs (and wannabe thugs) wandering around the riverfront with their skidmarked underwear showing. It may not offend me, but it makes me want to shove them off into the river - and I'm being EXTREMELY nice here. When they wear their pants like that, they walk around holding their crotches because it's the only way to keep their pants SOMEWHAT up.

Anywho..........................

I'm so sick and tired of something GOOD being bashed on a daily basis, which is further proof that Shreveport is going to hell in a handbasket (most, if not all, of those writing in opposition so far have been from Shreveport.)

I can only hope and pray that, if Big Ced gets elected in Shreveport, he's a man of his word and truly wants change.

And on the subject of Shreveport citizens, let's keep it in Shreveport and stay the hell out of Bossier's - and the Boardwalk's - business. I realize the two cities are virtually one city separated by a river and by some political differences, but in the end the Boardwalk is a PRIVATE property located in BOSSIER CITY, not Shreveport.

• 2 weeks later...
little bit of both. They lost atleast 1 eatery and I believe 2 bars closed, but at the same time they were (and may be finished now) constructing another ...uhh...building, whatever you want to call it, thats going to host some businesses.

HAHA I'm a rebel.. I had security run me off from the Boardwalk tonight.. I was on the parking garage taking pictures of the skyline and they told me I had to have permission to take pictures there.. I was like ehhh sorry.. and left. Do tourist have to call too? :huh:

Archived