Louisiana Boardwalk

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just heard on a commercial for the 10:00 news that a brawl on the Boardwalk has resulted in 9 arrests. I'll be very interested in seeing this on the news tonight.

This kind of thing, regardless of how it occurred, is unwelcome down on the Boardwalk. This is the last thing that our nicest shopping center needs.

The media isn't reporting this, but people on the scene of last evening's fight at Buffalo Wild Wings basically turned into a riot scene. The restaurant was closed after the fight because the inside of the restaurant was supposedly trashed by thrown tables and chairs.

And the official charges against some of those involved proves this, as four of the men involved were charged with inciting a riot.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...NGNEWS/61120009

We had some friends from out of town surprise us tonight, so we went down to the Boardwalk with them to eat. We ate at Buffalo Wild Wings and it was very civil. The two cops who were injured in yesterday's fight were in there checking on things and eating.

Tonight was also the big tree lighting ceremony, and the fountains are red for the holidays as well. I was going to set up my camera and tripod to take photos of the tree and fountain, etc, but when I made an inquiry to a security guard he said I needed to acquire a permit from the Boardwalk. Why require a permit to take photos? What is the harm? People, MYSELF INCLUDED, take photos down there quite often. But he said if you set up a tripod with a "professional quality" camera then you have to acquire a permit.

I'll be calling management tomorrow to take my beef up with them.

We had some friends from out of town surprise us tonight, so we went down to the Boardwalk with them to eat. We ate at Buffalo Wild Wings and it was very civil. The two cops who were injured in yesterday's fight were in there checking on things and eating.

Tonight was also the big tree lighting ceremony, and the fountains are red for the holidays as well. I was going to set up my camera and tripod to take photos of the tree and fountain, etc, but when I made an inquiry to a security guard he said I needed to acquire a permit from the Boardwalk. Why require a permit to take photos? What is the harm? People, MYSELF INCLUDED, take photos down there quite often. But he said if you set up a tripod with a "professional quality" camera then you have to acquire a permit.

So would they have let you take the pictures without a tripod? I also think that a "professional quality" camera could be an objective call. Let us know how you inquiry goes. I wonder what's the harm in taking some photos. Don't they know we are just spreading the word about their development?

FYI: woob, and everyone.

I spoke to Matt Thompson, director of marketing for the Boardwalk, about needing a permit for photography. He said if you're taking photos for yourself, not for a magazine or publication or anything like that, then you do not need a permit. If you're taking photos to sell or publish in a magazine, you do. If the photos are for your own personal use, you don't.

So woob, next time you're taking photos around there, just tell them that Matt Thompson said taking photos for personal use is okay, and to discuss it with him if they have a problem.

By the way, I forgot to ask about the garage ownership, as to whether the city or the Boardwalk owns it. Either way, it falls under the same category. If you're hassled, tell them your personal photography has been cleared.

FYI: woob, and everyone.

I spoke to Matt Thompson, director of marketing for the Boardwalk, about needing a permit for photography. He said if you're taking photos for yourself, not for a magazine or publication or anything like that, then you do not need a permit. If you're taking photos to sell or publish in a magazine, you do. If the photos are for your own personal use, you don't.

So woob, next time you're taking photos around there, just tell them that Matt Thompson said taking photos for personal use is okay, and to discuss it with him if they have a problem.

By the way, I forgot to ask about the garage ownership, as to whether the city or the Boardwalk owns it. Either way, it falls under the same category. If you're hassled, tell them your personal photography has been cleared.

• 3 weeks later...
Geez. People are so undependable... why is this problem so common?? Let's hope this restaurant doesn't die like Gimme Sum - Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro would be an incredible addition to the restaurant scene on the boardwalk. This is the one I have been looking forward to the most since it was announced for the property.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice! Looks like Shreveport's successful street vendor company, The Hotdog Man, which has numerous carts on downtown Shreveport streets during business days, is "Opening Winter 2007" in Louisiana Boardwalk. I suppose that means he'll have a cart down there as well. I like that idea, considering the other street vendors they already have in place down there.

Nice! Looks like Shreveport's successful street vendor company, The Hotdog Man, which has numerous carts on downtown Shreveport streets during business days, is "Opening Winter 2007" in Louisiana Boardwalk. I suppose that means he'll have a cart down there as well. I like that idea, considering the other street vendors they already have in place down there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived