CONSTRUCTION THREAD: CU ICAR Clemson Graduate School

gs3

Since the foundation is starting on the Graduate School and the crane is in place, thought I'd start a thread for photos and discussion. This building will be a great one to watch going up, with all it's funky angles and cantilevered floors. :thumbsup:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good idea!

I'm a first year Architecture student at Clemson. In a class we learned about all sorts of modern buildings. Only one was in SC. It was some building that slips my mind in Charleston. I bet through the architecture that is being created at ICAR and the Millenium Campus that Greenville will soon be listed in one of these books. Many people have said on here that they don't care for the architecture of these buildings, which I'm unsure how I feel about them as of now, but it's a great opportunity for Greenville to gets its name out there to a different crowd and to have these buildings in such a prominent location.

That's great that you are an architecture major at Clemson, GvilleSC! From what I understand, Clemson has an outstanding architecture program. I know that you are working hard, and have a lot of hours in the studio ahead of you. Best of luck in your studies!

I agree, the architecture used at ICAR and the Millennium Campus will make a statement and hopefully end up in some of those books in the future. :thumbsup:

Good idea!

I'm a first year Architecture student at Clemson. In a class we learned about all sorts of modern buildings. Only one was in SC. It was some building that slips my mind in Charleston. I bet through the architecture that is being created at ICAR and the Millenium Campus that Greenville will soon be listed in one of these books. Many people have said on here that they don't care for the architecture of these buildings, which I'm unsure how I feel about them as of now, but it's a great opportunity for Greenville to gets its name out there to a different crowd and to have these buildings in such a prominent location.

OK GvilleSC, in the future, when you've established a great reputation as an architect, we expect a signature tower from you for downtown Greenville! :D

If I could find every highrise doodle I've created for Greenville, it would be enough to fill a suitcase, EASILY. :D Lets just say that I think far more elaborately and magnificently than the architects of our currently built highrises did, although the Poinsett Plaza is a rare treasure. GvilleSC, we will hold you accountable for Greenville's 30-60-story signature tower in another ten to fifteen years. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Great stuff, EdPro and g-man430!

Is it just me or is the Spartanburg Herald-Journal providing better coverage of some of our major projects than the local media (Greenville News)? These two audio slide shows (CU-ICAR and West End Field) are outstanding!

In these cases, they certainly did. Very in-depth and informative.

Great stuff, EdPro and g-man430!

Is it just me or is the Spartanburg Herald-Journal providing better coverage of some of our major projects than the local media (Greenville News)? These two audio slide shows (CU-ICAR and West End Field) are outstanding!

Believe me, RT, The Herald Journal has been less than informative about most news in Greenville. These are a great step in the right direction though. ;)

Believe me, RT, The Herald Journal has been less than informative about most news in Greenville. These are a great step in the right direction though. ;)

As rightly they should be. The Herald-Journal should focus on just Spartanburg. The Greenville News should focus on Greenville. I'm just somewhat surprised that the Greenville News isn't the one putting together these audio slide shows of things going on in Greenville. :shok:

Archived