Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

Market & Fulton

My sources tell me that it will be a 45-story office/residental tower with at minimum 4 national retail chains on the first and 2nd floor...

Of course the sources are the voices in my own head so their track record is at 0%.

Where did you hear this??

From another forumer here.

Drawings are complete

Possible retail on lower floors

"Bunch" of other floors

Hoping someone could elaborate more. :whistling: There are several people here involved with this development....

That's the land owned by Alticor, right?

Could it be anything but an Alticor complex? Just wondering...

They wouldn't sell the land to someone else I wouldn't think.

(based on the track record - I'll probably get built then...)

Exciting!!! java script:emoticon(':yahoo:',%20'smid_26')

"Bunch" of other floors

Well, it's gotta be at least three stories to accomodate/integrate the skywalk.

The suspense is terrible, I hope it will last.

Looks like I picked the right week to work minimal hours to "relax" now I keep comming back to UP- GR to see whats going on. I jumped for joy the second I saw this thread...I knew it was comming.

If this is the big Amway parking lot; I'm in disbelief. I've been under the impression those guys were holding onto this land in the hopes of one day building something spectacular. My hope is that they got the inside track on development X and are already planning something complimentary, but I dont think would make sense if a bunch of people have been working on it for a while.

That would be a great central spot for a big grocery store for all the new condos going up. Are we ready for a downtown Meijer shopping center?

That would be a great central spot for a big grocery store for all the new condos going up. Are we ready for a downtown Meijer shopping center?

Oh not a Meijer Shopping Center on the riverfront :sick: the loading docks would be on the river side

Loading docks could be on the south side....

I dont know if I would be so sure about that, Id hate to have them on any side in that area. If Meijer builds a supercenter anywhere it should be by the new Mercantile building.

In this case, loading docks are placed at the front of the building. A garage door is placed within the facade in a way that is aesthetically pleasing. The loading areas are actually inside, so the truck backs in. I've seen several good examples here at the architecture school. The only problem is the driver has gotta have skillz to back in since the garage has street frontage.