Market & Fulton

GRDadof3

If downtown were a super-center free zone, it certainly wouldn't break my heart.

Same here. But just to be honest, it wouldn't break my heart if it came into a neighborhood that would benefit from it either. (Say somewhere not smack dab in the middle of the city)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My sources tell me that it will be a 45-story office/residental tower with at minimum 4 national retail chains on the first and 2nd floor...

Of course the sources are the voices in my own head so their track record is at 0%.

You had me really excited for about half a second :P .

Don't be so cruel GR_Urbanist.

I really expected you guys to have this nailed by now. And there is NO WAY that it is going to be a Meijer. They need cheap land with lots of parking. Think current owner and different business units.

Amway really is moving dt!!!!! I think that's what your last sentence is referring to, isnt it?

I really expected you guys to have this nailed by now. And there is NO WAY that it is going to be a Meijer. They need cheap land with lots of parking. Think current owner and different business units.

Quixtar HQ? or a new distribution system to conquer with MLM?

Amway International, right?

Who here works at Amway?

I know that Amway had plans to put their Asia/Pacific operation downtown at one time until the stock tanked and the Asian market was doing poorly. I think they've righted that ship. Maybe they'll move the Global Ops downtown (Near GVSU)? That would be nice.

I also agree that it is way to expensive for a traditional meijer, and I think Meijer has their hands full right now trying to survive, not wedge themselves into metro areas. :)

Joe

Not to be rude, but if someone here worked for Amway we would know it by now :ph34r:

I am thinking this has something to do with DP Fox.

Not in the know, so I can only guess...

My guess is that they are looking to expand and capitalize on the growth going on around the arena. Let's say 10 to 20 stories of residential and commercial space. First three floors open floor plan revolving around retail and entertainment (like the BOB).

With a causeway shooting straight through the old US West building and into the arena, floors two and three are prime spots for more entertainment/pub locations with more regular retail options down at street level.

BTW way to fan the flames :P I hope you can give in and tell us before we get to 1,000 posts again.

I think Snoog was refering to DP Fox and that beauftiful creation called Lyon Ottawa. Its pretty easy to make land change hands.

BTW: Who owns Plaza Tower Associates, if no one, who is owned by Plaza Tower Associates? Jeff who owns what?

I think Snoog was refering to DP Fox and that beauftiful creation called Lyon Ottawa. Its pretty easy to make land change hands.

BTW: Who owns Plaza Tower Associates, if no one, who is owned by Plaza Tower Associates? Jeff who owns what?

The address for Plaza Towers Associates is ACTIVA REAL ESTATE SERVICES 2905 LUCERNE DR SE GRAND RAPIDS MI 49456 with a resident agents name of James Rosloniec. Not sure if this will help anyone.

Archived