Market & Fulton

GRDadof3

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, at this point (Friday morning), it would appear there is no announcement. A press conference for something this significant would require at least a day's advance notice. WOOD-TV news would be teasing the hell out of it if they knew of a press conference.

Regarding the property ownership, I always assumed Amway/Alticor owned it. Didn't Amway bail out the developer during construction of Plaza Towers?

Putting these two snippits together, I've always figured perhaps SOMEDAY Alticor would move it's HQ downtown and free up space in Ada for manufacturing. Or maybe hoped.

Of the big three (Meijer and Steelcase being the other two), one has to assume Alticor would be the first and only to make such a move, if anybody made the move at all.

A press conference for something this significant would require at least a day's advance notice.

Not necessarily. If it was really hot (in this case it is), and they didn't offer an exclusive, press conf. invites could be announced the evening prior or before the morning editorial meetings.

But who announces anything on a Friday? Only organizations who want to slip bad news into Saturday papers/broadcasts (nobody really reads or watches the news on saturdays). Although, if it's really hot, it could be an expanded feature into Sunday.

I doubt we'll see anything today.

I'm hearing that there is absolutely no plan to announce anything about this site in the near future.

Could be a false alarm here, folks.

That's odd.. I'm hearing the exact opposite from my sources... guess we'll wait this one out like the other "rumors" :P

Well, at this point (Friday morning), it would appear there is no announcement. A press conference for something this significant would require at least a day's advance notice. WOOD-TV news would be teasing the hell out of it if they knew of a press conference.

I was wrong ... something's being announced today regarding a "local developer."

I was wrong ... something's being announced today regarding a "local developer."

Today? How soon? Are you teasing us? (It's working!)

Aren't you all ready for SOME announcement about all the rumors in this town? :w00t:

Nothing like checking UP every hour or so...I'm addicted!

I was just watching News 8, and the tail end of the broadcast teased what's coming up tonight on the news. I was half paying attention, but mentioned something about a "local developer" announcement.

No inside scoop, just what I saw on the news.

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully I'll be home in time to catch the news.

It's interesting that in the WOODTV video on Friday regarding the Two West Fulton property, they say "blah, blah......5 developers bid on the project, and tonight, 24 Hour News 8 unveils the final design....."

http://video.woodtv.com/index.php?video_id=2537

Like I said, I think my source had their corners mixed up (Market/Fulton with Division/Fulton), and this was the big "unveiling" that they were tipped off about. But wasn't this design "unveiled" way back in Summer 2005?

It's interesting that in the WOODTV video on Friday regarding the Two West Fulton property, they say "blah, blah......5 developers bid on the project, and tonight, 24 Hour News 8 unveils the final design....."

http://video.woodtv.com/index.php?video_id=2537

Like I said, I think my source had their corners mixed up (Market/Fulton with Division/Fulton), and this was the big "unveiling" that they were tipped off about. But wasn't this design "unveiled" way back in Summer 2005?

I think TV8 just found this forums discussion on that property, thats the discovered part.

Archived