Market & Fulton

GRDadof3

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the 28th street location is in Grand Rapids but the Plainfield location is in Plainfield township :whistling:

I swore the Plainfield store was w/in the limits. Where's the city line on Plainfield Ave? (Quick google for a city map w/ boundaries hasn't shown me anything...)

Well the 28th street location is in Grand Rapids but the Plainfield location is in Plainfield township :whistling:

Plainfield TWP line is at 4 mile and plainfield.....

FTR, isn't the Knapp's Corner meijer on city land that it annexed, because GR Twp was full if NIMBY's?

seems like whoever is going to develop this property must have a clue of the mystery project. to sit on this land for so long and not do anything.... seems pretty coincidental that all these condo/mixed use projects are all popping up. if the fulton/market project isn't an office complex, than its probably going to be something that compliments the mystery project. as to what can compliment a mystery, i'm still working on that. :wacko:

Why Meijer? Probably because it's bestest everest.

And how could you say they ignored the city? Their first big supermarket was in GR, the first thrifty acres was in GR. their success is tied to the city.

And so is Spartan Stores' success. Spartan Stores was organized way back in 1917 in Grand Rapids (not Greenville), the original name being Grand Rapids Wholesale Grocery Company. And, like I've pointed out before, they have a strong presence in the city. Their Leonard, Fulton, and Madison stores are fairly close to downtown.

I'm surprised the government hasn't found out about them yet.

They "found out" about Amway in the mid-70's. The Federal Trade Commission finally lost the legal battle in 1979, legitimizing the multi-level marketing business model that DeVos and Van Andel defined.

If Alticor moves any operations downtown, I'll be shocked.

seems like whoever is going to develop this property must have a clue of the mystery project. to sit on this land for so long and not do anything.... seems pretty coincidental that all these condo/mixed use projects are all popping up. if the fulton/market project isn't an office complex, than its probably going to be something that compliments the mystery project. as to what can compliment a mystery, i'm still working on that. :wacko:

I think you're right sfloria. Amway wouldn't be proposing anything if they weren't in on the mystery project. I think we have to consider that they aren't in favor of project X and are trying to hamper its progress as well.

I think you're right sfloria. Amway wouldn't be proposing anything if they weren't in on the mystery project. I think we have to consider that they aren't in favor of project X and are trying to hamper its progress as well.

If Amway KILLS Project X.....

Theres some other things that might get "killed" around Grand Rapids.... like certain campaigns...

I'm sure the Project X developers realize that their project would spark at least some growth. They aren't naive. That is why they want to buy the land they need. I doubt anything on that corner would stop them.

Alticor/Away/VanAndel/Devos is probably hoping to capitalize on Project X.

Years ago I was wondering why that corner was just a parking lot. Especially with the skywalk access.

It could end up being the closest hotel to the arena.

You know, I once went to an Amway rally thing at VanAndel to hear a specific speaker. It felt like a normal company meeting/convention but I remember clearly that they had a LOT of nice cars (Bentleys and others) all over the lobbies to give their people something to strive for I guess. It just got me thinking that if I had an international headquarters for a company like that, wouldn't you want to impress them with a world-class hotel with heliport nearby, say a JW Marriott? We've been saying, "Why JW in GR?" Maybe this will be why, since it may be the same developers/company. Just throwing it out.

When will we know...all this suspense with all these projects! :wacko:

You know, I once went to an Amway rally thing at VanAndel to hear a specific speaker. It felt like a normal company meeting/convention but I remember clearly that they had a LOT of nice cars (Bentleys and others) all over the lobbies to give their people something to strive for I guess. It just got me thinking that if I had an international headquarters for a company like that, wouldn't you want to impress them with a world-class hotel with heliport nearby, say a JW Marriott? We've been saying, "Why JW in GR?" Maybe this will be why, since it may be the same developers/company. Just throwing it out.

When will we know...all this suspense with all these projects! :wacko:

the JW Marriott IS being developed by Alticor/Amway/Quixtar/Name your MLM company here.

the JW Marriott IS being developed by Alticor/Amway/Quixtar/Name your MLM company here.

Yeah, I know they are and then I'm assuming that they are doing this project too. All I'm saying is that once this is announced we might say, "Oh, that's why they wanted/got a JW"

Yeah, I know they are and then I'm assuming that they are doing this project too. All I'm saying is that once this is announced we might say, "Oh, that's why they wanted/got a JW"

On the other hand, they may have wanted/got a JW Marriott because of Project X. That's been speculated on in the past.

Archived